Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing over 70 votes for RM. Who are they who voted for him and for what reason?
Just seen some clips on Sky Sports about the protests against Martinez. Forgotten how bad it was to be honest or my mind had blanked it out. Why on earth would you choose to go back to that?‍♂️

I like Dunc, and fair is fair, he went back to basics into a 442 when absolutly nothing, no sytem at all, would work. Instantly, the players looked more at ease and the first game was a win. From then on the opposition quickly figured it out and we went back to beeing toothless tigers.

This is the whole point against Rooney and Lampard too. Initially they may have good, even great ideas but up against well oiled managing teams like Klopp, Pep, Bielsa, Moyes, Rodgers, Potter, Conte..how do you see them act against such? Devising a plan B during a game when A doesnt seem to work? I hate to say it but I rather have stone aged football of Allardyce back until the summer and we can have some time for a good fit, instead of a hasty appointment that will do even more damage. Short term, we deff need an experienced hand, one with defensive acumen and not this wild billy flipflop pass idiot Martinez that thinks we have the 92 barcelona squad.
Sadly though we have used 442 for large parts of the season without recent success so what is the plan B?

I wouldn’t rule Potter out yet.

When questioned today he didn’t say he wasn’t interested and when he stated that he was happy at Brighton he rubbed his nose… any body language expert will tell you that means he was telling a big porkie pie!

Rooney won’t happen.
Martinez won’t happen.
Big Dunc won’t happen.

Potter seems the best fit for everyone.

Let’s hope that he’s a Davey Moyes rather than a Mike Walker!
I havent seen Potters presser so I`ll have to take your work for it...

Could it be he has just outlined his demands in that presser?

I'd have Martinez before Ferguson - who really is a pisstake.

Preference would be:

Potter
Rooney
Lampard

Screenshot_20220117_183738_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220117_183644_com.android.chrome.jpg

Lol @davek

Sadly though we have used 442 for large parts of the season without recent success so what is the plan B?
Benitez more or less made it a 424 or 41131, with outer players roaming around. That only works when you have a great dm and/or a reliable defense. Dunc made it much more a traditional 442. Compact and everyone stays in their own postion. Even Ancelotti used that blueprint with succes. It was then turned to shreds by teams that wrecked havoc between the lines.

Not once in that Potter interview did he say he didn't want the Everton job. He did what every manager does when asked awkward questions and talked about how much he loves his job and how boss his club is. Just as if he would say anything to jeopardise his own job. No brainer really. Even at the very end when they said so that's a no to the Everton job he didn't say no, just i've already given my answer.

My guess is he has wanted it for a while and would consider it if a serious approach came. He hasn't much to worry about though because Bill is going back to Mike Walker next if Bobby turns him down.

Diego Martinez was mentioned yesterday in the news but nothing since. Any views on his suitability as manager? I like how he made a really bang average club compete. We’re currently fitting that description, could he turn things around?

So what? It's a valid case in point.
I would say our situation, given the run of form and level of morale in the squad due to the FSW's mismanagement and desire to destroy the club from within, has left us in a far more perilous position now than when Ancelotti took over, wouldnt you?

I wouldn’t rule Potter out yet.

When questioned today he didn’t say he wasn’t interested and when he stated that he was happy at Brighton he rubbed his nose… any body language expert will tell you that means he was telling a big porkie pie!

Rooney won’t happen.
Martinez won’t happen.
Big Dunc won’t happen.

Potter seems the best fit for everyone.

Let’s hope that he’s a Davey Moyes rather than a Mike Walker!
Has any PL-manager left his club mid season for another PL club? I can’t remember any.

Status
Not open for further replies.