Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that Duncan may have going for him is he has, possibly unfairly, been credited with starting the revitalisation of DCL.

The club may feel if he can get a tune out of him again then he's a candidate to the end of season.

Dunc should have got the job 7 years ago and we'd never have had Ronald Mcdonald,Silva,Fat Sam, and Ancelotti darken our doorstep. Plus no debts incurred with high expenditure and unthought through crap like Bernard,Gomez,Tosun,sigs, schneiderlin,Gbamin, Rondon, Delph, Iwobi and a stack more. We also had Tom "give him a chance he's only young" Davies stealing a shirt for 3 years along with Holgate whilst the transfer market has been alive with bargains to be had.
Rafas come closest to rectifying this with the Gray coup and giving Gordon game time but is a long way off Moysies knack of sniffing out a bargain or bringing a decent youngster through.
It's Big Dunc time I reckon until May, no more knee jerk and costly mistakes for a while eh Mosh?;)

Removing Benitez might bring short term alleviation but we're still a right mess.

I think the club will leave him in situ and hope there's enough to get to the end of the season (without
finishing in the bottom 3). Then give him a customary 6 months more before sacking him.

So are we to back the manager and the club like when we had Moyes? Even further back when Carter backed Kendall? Or shall we follow John Moores famous quote "Everton expects success. We've a very good crowd and our crowd are very loyal. But, of course, they pay money and they expect to see us do well. If we don't do well then something should be done about it and something will be done about it".

Trouble is the club and Moshiri seem oblivious to what Mr Moores said. NSNO went out the window some years back.

Removing Benitez might bring short term alleviation but we're still a right mess.

I think the club will leave him in situ and hope there's enough to get to the end of the season (without
finishing in the bottom 3). Then give him a customary 6 months more before sacking him.

So are we to back the manager and the club like when we had Moyes? Even further back when Carter backed Kendall? Or shall we follow John Moores famous quote "Everton expects success. We've a very good crowd and our crowd are very loyal. But, of course, they pay money and they expect to see us do well. If we don't do well then something should be done about it and something will be done about it".

Trouble is the club and Moshiri seem oblivious to what Mr Moores said. NSNO went out the window some years back.
I’ll take short term alleviation over no alleviation.

Still can’t get my head around the lampard shouts.
5 wins and a few draws is going to be enough to keep us up. The way Lampard sets his sides up to play we'll lose nearly as many as we're losing now just because of how crap our defence is, but his front foot tactics would mean we'd easily get the wins needed.

I actually believe he should remain for the remainder of the season. For me the only way be get relegated would be if we sacked him and put someone in charge who is totally out of their depth like Ferguson or Rooney.

Seems to me it’s a bit like having a tooth full of decay. Most important thing is to get this rotten, decaying poison of an excuse of a manager out - whatever is used for the filling is absolutely going to be a huge step forward in the right direction.

My view a few months ago on here was that Graham Potter would be an ideal breath of fresh air and I don’t think what you witnessed at Goodison today has done anything other than to support his candidacy. That was fkg Brighton & Hove Albion not Real Madrid. They play really good football, they are clearly very well organised and coached, and all the players seem very happy with him and the philosophy. They are a motivated team no superstars just playing to their potential. They are a happy football club from top to bottom.

Now contrast and compare
You seem to have not noted the stick he's been receiving from the Brighton support over the last few months. Many seemingly do not appreciate the slow, methodical football on show. Touch of the Roberto Martinez about him.

I actually believe he should remain for the remainder of the season. For me the only way be get relegated would be if we sacked him and put someone in charge who is totally out of their depth like Ferguson or Rooney.
If he stays in charge he has to be given money to spend would you trust him to spend well ? Demari Gray is a good signing but the rest are just adding to the wage bill.
If anyone looks out of there depth it is Benitez ,I would put Ferguson in charge until the end of the season. A 25% win rate would keep us up so If he can do better he can put himself in the frame for a permanent position.

Status
Not open for further replies.