Who was captain when you went to your first match?

Who was captain when you went to your first match?

• Seamus Coleman

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Phil Jagielka

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Phil Neville

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Weir/Stubbs/Ferguson, I’ve mentally blanked out this era

Votes: 28 12.0%
  • Don Hutchinson

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Dave Watson

Votes: 51 21.8%
  • Kevin Ratcliffe

Votes: 49 20.9%
  • Mark Higgins

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Mike Lyons

Votes: 28 12.0%
  • Anyone older is clearly just Joey66 or Methusalah, so please select and state name

Votes: 53 22.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna give ya the benefit of the doubt, no Blue at his first game would lob a pie down on other Blues...
As Shirley Valentine would have said, "it was deffo dem Greeks"
I plead innocence Andy,all I can remember is the green of the pitch,the floodlights and the sheer grandeur of Goodison:)

Technically it wasn't an Everton game, well., it physically wasn't, but my dad took me to see Bradford City take on visitors grimsby Town in 1986,managed by a certain Mick Lyons, so I'll say that. It was my first ever game.

Dave Watson was captain, 1994, destroyed by Blackburn Rovers. 3-0. Wilcox with a screamer and Newell slotting it in the top corner. We were poor. The worst time to start attending Goodison. The Wilcox goal was post and in, he hit it that hard that the post made the loudest noise. I still remember thinking wow.

Became a fan in 88, missed Ratters lifting the trophy the previous season. Everton came to malaysia the following year during the break and played our national team in a friendly. Went to penalties and Big Nev did a jig when he saved the attempt that saw Everton win it. It was a school night I think so I had to watch it on TV (live it was). Good times.

This was my first ever Everton game with Ratcliffe as captain. From this game on 8th Sept 1984 I didn't miss a single league home game until the end of the 2002/03 season.
Capture.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.