Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it odd alot of posters hide behind the "this set of players have let us down for years", lets look at the players with 10+ appearances this season....

Pickford
Patterson, signed in January
Coady, signed in the summer
Tarkowski, signed in the summer
Mykolenko, Signed in January
Onana, Signed in the summer
Gueye, signed in the summer
Iwobi, been poor previously to January this year, much better now.
Gray
McNeil, Signed in the summer
Maupay, signed in the summer
Gordon

8 out of 12 signed this calendar year.... YET we are still poor and getting the exact same poor results as the previous manager.

Unless Lampard can get a tune out of these players he is done for, it`s obvious the board are sticking, I`ve not seen any evidence to say he can turn this around even by throwing more money or players at it. Hopefully he can and we can get on a good run, only time will tell if it was a mistake to keep him longer rather than bin him off after the Bournemouth double.

Many more results like that, i.e. Wolves, Brighton and West Ham which will see us sink to the bottom of the league could turn the whole thing toxic quickly...

Is fourth bottom really the best any manager can do at the current time at Everton?

There isn't a club in the country - even those with far fewer resources than us - who would accept that assertion for themselves.

I don't rate Lampard, but I would hold on to him for as long as I sincerely believe he is getting the very best out of the resources he has had and has. Right now, I don't believe he is doing that. I think we could be 11th or 12th without too much surgery. The only thing prompting me to persevere with him despite my misgivings is a couple of wins could have us up to those positions, so I accept where we are. However, should we start back with a home loss to Wolves, well, I really don't see the point in holding fire any longer. Those quick wins to get us back up the table would be farther away than ever if we are succumbing to a side as poor as Wolves. The writing will be on the wall. Lampard will know he has to win that.
He's on a short leash, to be sure. If he doesn't get three points from Wolves at home, he needs to get them quickly from somewhere he's not expected to get points.

The thing that worries me is having to play Arsenal twice, ManCity twice and ManUtd, the RS and Chelsea away. What are we expecting from those fixtures? Not many, if any, points I’d guess. We need a minimum of 20 points from somewhere.

I find it odd alot of posters hide behind the "this set of players have let us down for years", lets look at the players with 10+ appearances this season....

Pickford
Patterson, signed in January
Coady, signed in the summer
Tarkowski, signed in the summer
Mykolenko, Signed in January
Onana, Signed in the summer
Gueye, signed in the summer
Iwobi, been poor previously to January this year, much better now.
Gray
McNeil, Signed in the summer
Maupay, signed in the summer
Gordon

8 out of 12 signed this calendar year.... YET we are still poor and getting the exact same poor results as the previous manager.

Unless Lampard can get a tune out of these players he is done for, it`s obvious the board are sticking, I`ve not seen any evidence to say he can turn this around even by throwing more money or players at it. Hopefully he can and we can get on a good run, only time will tell if it was a mistake to keep him longer rather than bin him off after the Bournemouth double.

Many more results like that, i.e. Wolves, Brighton and West Ham which will see us sink to the bottom of the league could turn the whole thing toxic quickly...

So youre saying that 8/11 starters are new players so the team needs time to gel?

Oh, youre saying the opposite?

:) lol

The thing that worries me is having to play Arsenal twice, ManCity twice and ManUtd, the RS and Chelsea away. What are we expecting from those fixtures? Not many, if any, points I’d guess. We need a minimum of 20 points from somewhere.
Well you could look at that tho and say would we really be expecting much if anything out of them anyway, and what it does mean is more home games against teams we have better chances of taking points off.

Nobody’s demanding the return of Shearer or Drogba upfront, but the excuse that you are peddling is one in which our forwards are supposedly so bad that expecting them to score goals is such a far-fetched impossibly that not a single manager on the planet would be capable of managing it.

I disagree.

And I would be extremely hesitant about handing over yet another 30 million to a manager that is seemingly wanting to replace the 30 million pounds worth of forwards he bought just a few on the ago, on the grounds that said forwards are so useless than expecting them to score is considered far-fetched.
The thing is Frank was hamstrung by the fact the DCL is made from cheap cream crackers.

He had to split the money over the forwards to get numbers up front. If DCL could have been relied on to stay fit maybe Frank could have got one decent 30m striker that can find the net.

The thing is Frank was hamstrung by the fact the Dominic Calvert-Lewin is made from cheap cream crackers.

He had to split the money over the forwards to get numbers up front. If Dominic Calvert-Lewin could have been relied on to stay fit maybe Frank could have got one decent 30m striker that can find the net.

DCL £1.5mil
Gray £1.6mil
Gordon £0
Rondon £0
Townsend £0

Thats what we had and him and Thelwell have signed Maupay and McNeil for £30mil but with very small upfront fees.

In the grand scheme of things we could probably sell and get back £24mil (amortized value) anyway.

Moving forward there needs to be sales to generate funds. Those forward positions could do with £150mil being spent on them.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin £1.5mil
Gray £1.6mil
Gordon £0
Rondon £0
Townsend £0

Thats what we had and him and Thelwell have signed Maupay and McNeil for £30mil but with very small upfront fees.

In the grand scheme of things we could probably sell and get back £24mil (amortized value) anyway.

Moving forward there needs to be sales to generate funds. Those forward positions could do with £150mil being spent on them.
We could probably get Mbappe’s right leg for that

So youre saying that 8/11 starters are new players so the team needs time to gel?

Oh, youre saying the opposite?

:) lol
I`m saying, quite clearly, nice try at spin though....

The line "the players have let us down year after year are incorrect", yes alot of players in. 3 wins in 16 isn`t good enough, they need time to gel is the next shout is it? Was that the case from game 3 to 8, unbeaten in them 6 games and collecting 10 points, the more we have seemed to gel since the more it seems we are going backwards, just so you know what I`m saying "we have regressed since this run picking up 4 points in 7 games, 4 points from 21 available."

Had it been bad at the start and then slowly getting better you could point to "gelling" but the 1st 2 games aside was fairly good but then its dropped off a cliff...

Just a little side story about Frank

I have been searching through my live videos trying to find footage to show everybody, the live television camera’s didnt broadcast it either unfortunately

But after the Western Sydney Wanderers game one of our lads ran on the pitch and took the security for a bit of a jog… as they got hold of them they were ragdolling him

Frank sprinted from where he was shaking hands with the players etc and got into a huge tussle with two of the massive Polynesian security guards.
Was impressive to see, he shoved them off tried to shield the lad and get him free and wasn’t taking a backwards step. Wasn’t like security were taking it easy either they had no idea who he was

Was nice to see, not saying we should base keeping him on that (i have plenty of other reasons i support him)

Just a note as i haven’t seen anybody talking about it

Just a little side story about Frank

I have been searching through my live videos trying to find footage to show everybody, the live television camera’s didnt broadcast it either unfortunately

But after the Western Sydney Wanderers game one of our lads ran on the pitch and took the security for a bit of a jog… as they got hold of them they were ragdolling him

Frank sprinted from where he was shaking hands with the players etc and got into a huge tussle with two of the massive Polynesian security guards.
Was impressive to see, he shoved them off tried to shield the lad and get him free and wasn’t taking a backwards step. Wasn’t like security were taking it easy either they had no idea who he was

Was nice to see, not saying we should base keeping him on that (i have plenty of other reasons i support him)

Just a note as i haven’t seen anybody talking about it
Thanks Frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.