Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think that the only joy in football for a lot of Evertonians these days is the thrill of a managerial hunt.

Its spectacularly 'kin sad.

As said elsewhere:

3 weeks ago the fanbase were screaming about SOOPER FRANKIE LAMPARD.

What a palaver.

Just grow a pair for once and get behind your manager FFS.

Not saying it's what I want to happen, but if Martinez was first choice last time and the barrier was him wanting to take Belgium to the World Cup, then he'll be right at the top of the list this time too.

I can see the argument for him: his deficiency was organising a defence but with the experience of Pickford, Coady, Tarkowski and Gueye back there they should be able to self-organise to a large extent. The big issue is the co-ordination of our attacking play and that's where Bobby could probably improve us.

But the big issue is our attacking players just don't have much more in them and need to be improved to survive.

The first season with Martinez was loads of fun.

The next two were very disappointing. I had it in my mind it was 8th and 9th but it was actually 11th twice (can't remember if final game of 15/16 was won as he was sacked after Sunderland away wasn't he?)

Good cups runs in those seasons but it was still with a very good Lukaku, Barkley was still reasonably consistent in those days and you still had all of Howard, Coleman, Baines, Jags and Distin at the back so far superior defensive structure to this. Barry was also still a good deep lying midfielder.

Not convinced at all you can just slot him in mid season and the team will suddenly start winning four of his first six like say Carlo did but then I'd be astounded if someone of that quality could be attracted (probably Tuchel is the nearest and he wasn't interested at all in the Villa job, neither was Pochettino).

He's performing worse than Benitez ffs. He's not a good manager at all. He's about Gerrard level, possibly a bit worse.

It was a big mistake to keep Benitez on for so long last season, it led to him signing players like Mykolenko and then getting sacked a week later. We are crazy if we do this again, and I fear we won't be so lucky with the eventual outcome. Frank Lampard is NOT going to turn this around.

Yeah but a lot of that was on Lukaku himself.

Don't forget this time he could bring Henry with him.
That Everton team was the best we had in the premiere league era and yet he couldn’t deliver.

His tactics completely ignore the hard working aspect needed to survive in this league, lowest in tackle, lack of pressing and sideway passing.

Completely lack of fight and slow football while obsess with playing from the back with a back four that is incapable of such style. Leaking tons of goals along the way.

I can go on and on. The day he comes back is the day I quit.

Fine name them and I’ll add to poll if they're credible - but remember this is Everton we don’t do thinking outside the box
No idea, I don't know world football. Don't really know lower leagues either.

It's why we have a DoF. And of his list looks like the poll above, then he isn't cut out for the job.

I honestly think that the only joy in football for a lot of Evertonians these days is the thrill of a managerial hunt.

Its spectacularly 'kin sad.

As said elsewhere:

3 weeks ago the fanbase were screaming about SOOPER FRANKIE LAMPARD.

What a palaver.

Just grow a pair for once and get behind your manager FFS.

Get behind a manager who is as bad, could even argue worse, than Benitez. He’s only slightly ahead of Walker. Nah not for me. It’s blind faith a lot of you are subscribing to and it’ll see us down. This anyone but Benitez fable needs rubbing out now and we have to get someone competent in while the opportunity is at its greatest.

Status
Not open for further replies.