Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know Bill is creaming over Bobby ? for me it would probably be Rooney but not convinced by him yet, that said I think this club is a complete hex for any manager on the planet.

if you think Everton are winning trophies anytime soon you're delusional. Arsenal/City/MU/Liverpool/Newcastle/Chelsea/Spurs are completely out of sight at this stage. We're not even at the races in terms of winning trophies. The first step for us is to become a safe mid table team and get away from the relegation battle. Martinez until the end of the season makes perfect sense. And speaking of John Stones why is it we never sign top young english talent from the championship anymore. where is the scouting network in england? why have we become a club for signing casts off from other teams whos best days are behind them and have no motivation other than a pay day.

if you think Everton are winning trophies anytime soon you're delusional. Arsenal/City/MU/Liverpool/Newcastle/Chelsea/Spurs are completely out of sight at this stage. We're not even at the races in terms of winning trophies. The first step for us is to become a safe mid table team and get away from the relegation battle. Martinez until the end of the season makes perfect sense. And speaking of John Stones why is it we never sign top young english talent from the championship anymore. where is the scouting network in england? why have we become a club for signing casts off from other teams whos best days are behind them and have no motivation other than a pay day.
It doesn’t work. They tried it on Holgate and now McNeil.

Regardless who comes in... we'll get relegated eventually as no club survives in the prem changing a manager every 18 months without strong financials (see Chelsea).

Look at West Ham, Villa, Newcastle.
That's why the persistence with one manger under the previous owner worked so well, it gave us stability

Nobody and i mean nobody is.
I'd like to just win a game.

Regardless who comes in... we'll get relegated eventually as no club survives in the prem changing a manager every 18 months without strong financials (see Chelsea).

Look at West Ham, Villa, Newcastle.
I agree with you, that constant sacking and hiring managers every 12-18 months leads to that for most clubs. I wanted Frank as for me was the best available with what apparently we could get. I knew it would be a up and down season especially after last season, but the performances, tactics have got worse as the season has gone on. Frank has gone backwards from the palace game where we had the personal, tactics right. Yes dcl is out but where has the intensity gone from that game. We can’t create so we should force the opposition into mistakes and win the ball high up the pitch. I wanted him to succeed but he looks gone for me.

Frank stays for me. We’ve changed managers too often. We haven’t changed the hierarchy which oversees the Club. Until we do that our downward spiral continues. Seriously think we’re done for this season and I don’t believe any other manager would make a blind bit of difference. This Club has been rotten to the core for a long time - the mild decay has now manifested itself as terminal. It needs root canal treatment now or preferably extraction starting at Board level.

I agree with you, that constant sacking and hiring managers every 12-18 months leads to that for most clubs. I wanted Frank as for me was the best available with what apparently we could get. I knew it would be a up and down season especially after last season, but the performances, tactics have got worse as the season has gone on. Frank has gone backwards from the palace game where we had the personal, tactics right. Yes Dominic Calvert-Lewin is out but where has the intensity gone from that game. We can’t create so we should force the opposition into mistakes and win the ball high up the pitch. I wanted him to succeed but he looks gone for me.

Can't argue with that.

But what keeps swimming in my head is that...Thirwell SHOULD be pulling the strings. He SHOULD have a list of players lined up for January regardless of who's in charge. The plus is that Lampard will have been involved in some way and will be closer to whatever the structure Thirwell has.

A new manager comes in will just be told to make this work better. Additionally any new manager SHOULD be under Thirwells charge.

If it's not... we'll have the same circus as the last time.

Frank stays for me. We’ve changed managers too often. We haven’t changed the hierarchy which oversees the Club. Until we do that our downward spiral continues. Seriously think we’re done for this season and I don’t believe any other manager would make a blind bit of difference. This Club has been rotten to the core for a long time - the mild decay has now manifested itself as terminal. It needs root canal treatment now or preferably extraction starting at Board level.
We kinda did by firing Brands. It seems he wasn't the real issue though!

The Pochetino love in baffles me. Half decent at spurs with cups runs but in the league even Sherwood and Redknapp had a 50% win ratio.

Flopped at PSG with arguably their best squad ever.

We dont need another bottler.

Status
Not open for further replies.