• Keane

• Holgate

• Godfrey

• Branthwaite

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree mate.

Though I wonder if Tarkowski would have also been poor in Everton's defence of the last year or so.

Just asked another Burnley fan and he said he prefers Tarkowski, acknowledged Keane was brilliant for them but Tarkowski was one of the main reasons they stayed in the Prem as long as they did. That's against a backdrop of Keane being slated in football for a while though.

Admittedly I'm just stirring the pot a bit.

Be interesting to see.

Part of the reason Keane has struggled though is he has always seemed to struggle with confidence and it shows when he's not got a 'leader' alongside him mate, if you think about his time here, his best form.uas always been when he's been partnered with someone who can do that.

It's why I'm not counting out a Keane/Tarkowski partnership at all

Part of the reason Keane has struggled though is he has always seemed to struggle with confidence and it shows when he's not got a 'leader' alongside him mate, if you think about his time here, his best form.uas always been when he's been partnered with someone who can do that.

It's why I'm not counting out a Keane/Tarkowski partnership at all

Definitely.

Said this for years on here, he needs a 'lead' centre half next to him.

Definitely.

Said this for years on here, he needs a 'lead' centre half next to him.

Besides for Mina I think all our current cbs do. That's why we look so much worse when he's out.

Given the profile of our defenders - Tarkowski for me is pretty much as close to a perfect signing as we could have hoped for, both fullbacks are young and relatively inexperienced, Godfrey, Keane and Holgate need an organiser alongside them or at least a dominant cb who leads by example. Also think we may see a less vocal Pickford with someone there doing that - which imo will help him too.

Now if we don't change the midfield significantly to at least provide some degree of protection or at least so that they can hold onto the ball more than 5 seconds it's not gonna bring about the degree of change it 'should' do but that's down to recruitment now

On there fan forums it seems to me anyways looking back through archived threads that Tarkowski was held in higher regard than both mate.

Saw a thing about the way Burnley play meaning that's the reason he's so high up in defensive metrics.

Here's the thing though about that, we had lower possession thsn them, think Watford and Newcastle where around the same as them.

Don't see any of those clubs defenders topping out metrics. Also on top of that saw a lot of comments and opinion that the reason Burnley where able to play that way for so long and far exceed what they should have been doing was because of how good Tarkowski was.

We will see I guess

As for Keane, always had worries on him from the game v them the year we signed him when Lukaku skinned him in the most horrific fashion I can ever remember.

Keane was very good for them. He also hasnt just come off a relegation.

At times hes been very good for us, but other moments hopeless. 2 things it would be hard to tell:
1) What his mental strength is like when under a different type of pressure.

2) He struggled to adapt to any other style.

What you get from Dyche, a bit like Moyes was that he made it easy for his centre backs. With better teams, you get asked to do more, and get less support overall.

He also hasnt had the sort of supportive environment he likely would have had with Dyche at Burnley.

Anyway, it may be the same for Tarkowski, but it may not. I can have that Keane was higher profile at the time of leaving (I think he was similar level, just younger) but it doesnt automatically mean Tarkowaki bombs.

Tom davies with a handbag in each hand. Used in a swinging motion deters any attacker. Just ask attila the hun

I hate Holgate the pencil necked weasel, absolute pretender, has not 1 strong quality about him

I went for Branthwaite, as I have some faith he could become a decent centre back one day. I don’t have the same faith in the other 3 and Mina is made of glass. Start putting more faith in the youngsters, instead of those who have consistently been poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.