Who partners Tarkowsi?

• Keane

• Holgate

• Godfrey

• Branthwaite

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@GrandOldTeam Oh there is no doubt they loved Keane, but see the link i posted above to see that they also adored Tarkowski.

Got to agree. That's pretty much universal praise in that thread.

Wasn't the point, nobody said they didn't rate/like Tarkowski.

Michael Keane was clearly brilliant for them, he's considered one of their best transfers/hence the record club fee they got for him;

^ Given their opinion on Keane, does their opinion on Tarkowski even matter?

... How come Michael Keane was so good for Burnley, but not Everton?

... Is any of that answer potentially transferable to Tarkowski?

... Is being a centre half for Burnley an easier gig than for Everton?

Reactions: kev

All fair points and only time will tell.

Michael Keane was clearly brilliant for them, he's considered one of their best transfers/hence the record club fee they got for him;

It's also fair to say that Keane has regressed in the last couple of years. He was very good early on under Ancelotti but was nowhere near that level last season. I also do think he gets somewhat unfair criticism and people jump on his mistakes but ignore similar mistakes from our other centre halves. I don't believe he was any worse last year than Holgate or Godfrey. I just think they were all really poor.

I think Tarkowski is our best defender, and will prove it this season.

It's also fair to say that Keane has regressed in the last couple of years. He was very good early on under Ancelotti but was nowhere near that level last season. I also do think he gets somewhat unfair criticism and people jump on his mistakes but ignore similar mistakes from our other centre halves. I don't believe he was any worse last year than Holgate or Godfrey. I just think they were all really poor.

I think Tarkowski is our best defender, and will prove it this season.

Agree mate.

Though I wonder if Tarkowski would have also been poor in Everton's defence of the last year or so.

Just asked another Burnley fan and he said he prefers Tarkowski, acknowledged Keane was brilliant for them but Tarkowski was one of the main reasons they stayed in the Prem as long as they did. That's against a backdrop of Keane being slated in football for a while though.

Admittedly I'm just stirring the pot a bit.

Be interesting to see.

Imho we need to sign another CB who would then partner the Free Tarking.

We should be selling Mikky Keggers. Regressed technically but also doesn't have the leadership qualities needed by a CB from what I can tell. Both Holgate and Godfrey can improve, but need a good centre half next to them who can talk them through games and who they can learn from. If that man is Michael Keane then they too will regress.

Nah. If you ask 100 Burnley fans now who they'd rather have, Keane or Tarkowski - 90+ say Keane. [edit] though recency plays a part there. 100/100 probably say Ben Mee is better than both! lol Keane has been slated for years now. Ask in 5 years and I reckon 90+ say Keane was the better player for them.

Only have to compare their fans reaction to both players leaving. Their replies to their retained list was all about Ben Mee, couldn't find any comment about Tarkowski.

Their fans adored Keane;

He's regarded as one of, if not Dyche's best signings for them.

Our fans was over the moon we signed Keane because he looked so good there - only have to look at the confirmed signing thread on here.

I'm not saying Keane is better than Tarkowski, or Tarkowski will be the same as Keane etc. What I'm saying is I think we should be cautious in assuming a centre half with only top flight experience at Burnley will definitely improve us. I think every centre half we have would look better for Burnley the last few years so let's see.

On there fan forums it seems to me anyways looking back through archived threads that Tarkowski was held in higher regard than both mate.

Saw a thing about the way Burnley play meaning that's the reason he's so high up in defensive metrics.

Here's the thing though about that, we had lower possession thsn them, think Watford and Newcastle where around the same as them.

Don't see any of those clubs defenders topping out metrics. Also on top of that saw a lot of comments and opinion that the reason Burnley where able to play that way for so long and far exceed what they should have been doing was because of how good Tarkowski was.

We will see I guess

As for Keane, always had worries on him from the game v them the year we signed him when Lukaku skinned him in the most horrific fashion I can ever remember.

Does the fact the recieved about 25 million profit from one colour the opinion at all

The answer is clearly Godfrey...then one of Branthwaite / Holgate depending on who we play.

Keane to be sold.

But im confident it will be a back 3.
He has no positional sense , loses focus , can't head the ball but it's OK because he can run fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.