Who must we buy to strengthen in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diego Maradona in his prime , surrounded by some of the dross in our team, couldn't save this season.

I would focus on some major changes next Summer...

We need: Coleman and Baines back to best, new reserve keeper, Stones fit. McCarthy fit, Mirallas fit, Naismith back to 100%

Plus a more mobile, attacking midfielder to offer something different going forward.

Apparently we've agrees to sign A yew pre contract and could get Deolefeu for 8

along with another barcelona loanee-

all above info from the echo
The Echo didn't actually report any of that it was just an article about Everton transfer rumours, what other sites and newspapers were saying.

Not having a go here but exactly how much money do we have ? You may need to consider things like the increasing wage bill amongst agent fees.

I'm with @Paul Bernard here. Genuinely, I'd like to know exactly how much money you believe we have to spend in January?

I'm sure if it is required there'll be some cash available in January, but it will be limited. Don't let the huge profits from 2013/14 sway you.

The much heralded TV money and record profits will have balanced the expenditure on Rom, improvements to Finch Farm and clearing debts.

Unless we remove some names from the squad and bringing in some income, I'd be surprised if there is more than £10m to spend.

To be fair, I'd be surprised if it is even that much... I would happily be proven wrong, but I can't see it.

I'll spare the forum ANOTHER FFP essay.

I'll save that for when the bidding on the latest TV deal is finished.

However we do have money. Wage increases are limited based on tv money within Premier League rules essentially making them - tv money increases - ring fenced. We think that the kitbag deal latest which was 'undisclosed' was substantially increased paying for wage increases plus our use of the loan system allowing us to exclude some wages.

Its all a question of when Martinez wants to spend it. But its defo in double figures millions.

His budget that is for 2014/2015 and 2015/2016. Thats a contiguous period.

If he spends now he won't have it to spend in the summer. Its a budget. As in "transfer budget".

#FFP

We need a top winger and a creative number 10.
two-birds-one-stone-o.gif

474531415-sofiane-feghouli-of-valencia-cf-in-action-gettyimages.jpg

Skip to 1:50 for the best ball ever.

I'll spare the forum ANOTHER FFP essay.

I'll save that for when the bidding on the latest TV deal is finished.

However we do have money. Wage increases are limited based on tv money within Premier League rules essentially making them - tv money increases - ring fenced. We think that the kitbag deal latest which was 'undisclosed' was substantially increased paying for wage increases plus our use of the loan system allowing us to exclude some wages.

Its all a question of when Martinez wants to spend it. But its defo in double figures millions.

His budget that is for 2014/2015 and 2015/2016. Thats a contiguous period.

If he spends now he won't have it to spend in the summer. Its a budget. As in "transfer budget".

#FFP
I agree Bizo. There should be money to spend. At least 10million.
Whether the board lets him have it and the manager wants to spend it is another issue entirely

Howard
Alcaraz
Distin
Hibbert
Barry
Osman
Pienaar
Gibson-injured
McGeady -useless
Kone - LOL

Look at your remark, Osman has an extension, so has Hibbert, Barry has 3 years, Distin I think has another season, not sure on Howard. What others could be put out to grass?

Contrary to the title I do not think we have any funds TBH.

I ve said multiple times. Our problem is not defence anymore. It's playing players in right positions. We may get Deoulefeu for 8m, and are about to sign Ayew. And all that crap about replacing Baines and Coleman, the best full backs in this league, maybe in the world-they just need wingers to feed off and too.

This is a decent squad-definitely top 4 on paper:

Howard
Baines, Jags, Stones, Coleman
McCarthy, Besic
Mirallas, Barkley, Deoulefeu
Lukaku

Subs/Reserves:
Ayew, Etoo, Naismith, Mcgeady, Robles, Barry, Gibson, Browning, garbutt, Osman, Pienaar, Distin

Status
Not open for further replies.