Who must we buy to strengthen in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Echo didn't actually report any of that it was just an article about Everton transfer rumours, what other sites and newspapers were saying.

Oh crap. Sorry, I had my hopes up-but other sources say that too- so maybe the blue side of merseyside can rejoice right?

I ve said multiple times. Our problem is not defence anymore. It's playing players in right positions. We may get Deoulefeu for 8m, and are about to sign Ayew. And all that crap about replacing Baines and Coleman, the best full backs in this league, maybe in the world-they just need wingers to feed off and too.

This is a decent squad-definitely top 4 on paper:

Howard
Baines, Jags, Stones, Coleman
McCarthy, Besic
Mirallas, Barkley, Deoulefeu
Lukaku

Subs/Reserves:
Ayew, Etoo, Naismith, Mcgeady, Robles, Barry, Gibson, Browning, garbutt, Osman, Pienaar, Distin

7 of this squad should be on a cruise ship wearing polyester cardigans and sipping herbal tea. Except that Howard would drop the bloody cup and Distin would have trouble spotting the biscuits.

I'll spare the forum ANOTHER FFP essay.

I'll save that for when the bidding on the latest TV deal is finished.

However we do have money. Wage increases are limited based on tv money within Premier League rules essentially making them - tv money increases - ring fenced. We think that the kitbag deal latest which was 'undisclosed' was substantially increased paying for wage increases plus our use of the loan system allowing us to exclude some wages.

Its all a question of when Martinez wants to spend it. But its defo in double figures millions.

His budget that is for 2014/2015 and 2015/2016. Thats a contiguous period.

If he spends now he won't have it to spend in the summer. Its a budget. As in "transfer budget".

#FFP

I think you have forgotten about 'other operating costs' my friend, this is Everton after all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree Bizo. There should be money to spend. At least 10million.
Whether the board lets him have it and the manager wants to spend it is another issue entirely

There is. He'll have it if he wants it.

But he just won't have it again in the summer if someone else becomes available. It depends who he has his eyes on. Its a judgement call weighing it up.

This is something some people don't get. You are given "a budget". You then spend most of it in Jan.

Then people expect us to spend the same again in August.

Like spending the budget twice. I term this "Government Economics"

If he wants to spend a portion now. That's fine. But we won't be signing 30million players in August. That's all.

So its a question of priorities. Who does Martinez actually want himself? Long term signings

But he just won't have it again in the summer if someone else becomes available. It depends who he has his eyes on. Its a judgement call weighing it up.

This is something some people don't get. You are given "a budget". You then spend most of it in Jan.

If he wants to spend a portion now. That's fine. But we won't be signing 30million players in August. That's all.

So its a question of priorities. Who does Martinez actually want himself? Long term signings

You cant actually blame fans for thinking that we dont have money, even with the new TV deals. Simply because i Personally and i think others will agree, i see the board actually using a bulk of the money to lower debts and maybe other costs such as the plans for a new stadium.
Like PhilM says we all hope you are right and we do have a tidy budget to work with. Given the board are supposedly willing to sell (save it for another thread) i just cant see them spending everything on transfers. Remember if they reduce the the debt then the more chance of selling and making a profit too.

Again i hope i am wrong and your right, i would love to see delboy, ayew and another centre half in the team, slowly easing out Distin, Pienaar etc.

I You're right about having money mate.

Would be very Everton for it to have just vanished though.

You cant actually blame fans for thinking that we dont have money, even with the new TV deals. Simply because i Personally and i think others will agree, i see the board actually using a bulk of the money to lower debts and maybe other costs such as the plans for a new stadium.
Like PhilM says we all hope you are right and we do have a tidy budget to work with. Given the board are supposedly willing to sell (save it for another thread) i just cant see them spending everything on transfers. Remember if they reduce the the debt then the more chance of selling and making a profit too.

Again i hope i am wrong and your right, i would love to see delboy, ayew and another centre half in the team, slowly easing out Distin, Pienaar etc.

Why do people keep thinking that the board and EFC are one and the same?

EFC is a going concern. It has to spend money on talent to stay in business.

The board will sanction spending.

Its why there is a "budget"

You only go into debt if you spend more than you bring in in income.

I've said we have a budget whereby we won't acquire more debt.

It wouldn't be much of a budget otherwise

Is no one getting this?

This budget thing. In my business:

I'm the talent ! (As the forum knows)

I get a dividend on profit earned by the business (income minus costs)

We also have a budget to invest in other companies (other talent)

This has no impact on my dividends nor on the company since these investments are BUDGETED for.

The aim is to break even or have a small profit whilst investing (for tax reasons)

Now. I HATE the word "investment" when describing puchasing players. Since its historically been used to describe - outside finance - in purchasing players. (ie debt to third parties like owners etc)

However in this case no debt is likely if the spending does not exceed the income. Also since its organic self financing by the club.

The very essence of FFP.

No ones saying we are going to go out and spend £50million.

But we do have money to spend without taking on debt.

Why do people keep thinking that the board and EFC are one and the same?

EFC is a going concern. It has to spend money on talent to stay in business.

The board will sanction spending.

Its why there is a "budget"

You only go into debt if you spend more than you bring in in income.

I've said we have a budget whereby we won't acquire more debt.

It wouldn't be much of a budget otherwise

Is no one getting this?

You are quite a condescending individual aren't you, this is a forum for debate not a bizzaro board.

You are quite a condescending individual aren't you, this is a forum for debate not a bizzaro board.

Bizzaro isnt actually that bad, i think alot of people on here are just for the wind up, it was only banter Ralph ;)

If we won't do any moves in January I'll be mad and dissapointed. Players like Ayew, Schaer and Delph are available for small money and would improve us straight away.

Just try to get rid of Pienaar and Gibson and replace them with lads from above. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.