GrandOldTeam TV Who Is YOUR Favourite Foreign Born Everton Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cahill by a country mile, then Kanchelskis and maybe Limper or Arteta, probably Mikel. Others, pff, hmm, can't really pick many others, all much of a muchness. So Cahill/Kanchelskis/Arteta. That'd be some midfield that, throw Ross in with them and Gueye.

Gueye
Kanchelskis - Barkley - Arteta
Cahill​

Tim Cahill for me. He epitomised what Everton is all about in an era where, for the most part, passion and determination had to triumph over quality.

He signed when we were favourites to go down and helped to propel us into a Champions League placed finish. He never shied-away in big games either, scoring against all the big clubs and even equaled Dixie Dean's record for goals at Anfield.

He popped up time and time again for us as he did on the big stage for Australia in three world cups and he genuinely still to this day loves the blues and always lets us know it on social media. Also loved his celebration.

Not for me it ain't.

The O'Khalekans are spread far and wide from their Belfast and Liverpool antecedents and I have as many cousins living in Oz as I have in these islands :)
You didn't mention why or when they went to Oz. Nothing to do with something that rhymes with POHM is it?
But if were not allowed Aussies, (Boo Hoo), can we have the Irish connection? If so , Pat Jennings.

Status
Not open for further replies.