Who Is Your Favorite Everton Player of This Century

Who is it for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"He waits. That’s what he does. Then he shuffles. That’s how he moves. Side-step, side-step, side-step, tracking the bogey, marshalling it, gently manoeuvring it into position. And then he strikes. There is a heavy thump of boot on ball and a roar from the frenzied crowd. Patrice Evra spins through the night sky, landing heavily, the air driven from his lungs on impact. Unruffled and uninterested in the acclaim, Tony Hibbert gets to his feet and shuffles back into position. That’s what he does. He is not a superstar, he is not a brand. He’s just a bloody bloke"

Still love you Tone XXX

"He waits. That’s what he does. Then he shuffles. That’s how he moves. Side-step, side-step, side-step, tracking the bogey, marshalling it, gently manoeuvring it into position. And then he strikes. There is a heavy thump of boot on ball and a roar from the frenzied crowd. Patrice Evra spins through the night sky, landing heavily, the air driven from his lungs on impact. Unruffled and uninterested in the acclaim, Tony Hibbert gets to his feet and shuffles back into position. That’s what he does. He is not a superstar, he is not a brand. He’s just a bloody bloke"

Still love you Tone XXX
Twice the man of Osman. Plus loves a carp.

Cahill for his enthusiasm. Him and Gravesen would be the only players I would say have excied me in the last 20 years.

I remember someone saying to me years ago with complete conviction:

“If he was Spanish, he’d be playing for Barcelona”
Bloke who used to sit behind me in the Upper Bullens loved him. Even long after he’d retired he was still giving it “oh we miss Ossie, Ossie would turn this game around”. Used to hate it when just to wind him up I’d shout “why the hell are we playing that waster” when the teams came up on the board.

Bit of a mix of things:
  1. Rooney - I was about 7 years old when Rooney had his breakout season in 02/03, was a great time as the team seemed on the up under Moyes and with Rooney clearly being a world class talent, loved watching him for England in Euro 2004. Massive shame he got injured against Portugal, reckon England would have went on to win it with Rooney that summer.
  2. Cahill - Gave everything to the club and could be counted on in the big games. Kept on a season too long, but no better embodiment of Evertonians in my time watching the team.
  3. Baines - 100% the best player Everton have had in my lifetime, among the best in his position between 2010 and 2014, ace free kicks, also is the reason I listen to Tame Impala so I owe him more than most blues haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.