Who is to blame? [The Athletic video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Moshiris money, and he's the only one with the power to do anything about it. It really is largely his fault.
This

The buck stops with him, he's hired underperforming executives, and worse it seems he's injected himself into some of the football decisions when he has no qualification to do so.

The club needs a solid football infrastructure with Moshiri focused on commercial aspects only. I think he fancies himself an Abramovich, but what most people don't get is that Chelsea actually have a very solid infrastructure in place to advise, support, and carry out Abramovich's ambition.

Did you not watch the video?

Yes, just wanted to put a word in about the spend.

A lot of speculation in there.

Just a few points to mention,

Had a very bad injury spell,

Benitez has not managed very well at all.

Not happy about because of his history but was prepared to accept it

Are the players not playning for the manager or the club.

Certainly there are questions regarding the heirarchy of the club, what hasn been their role.

I think there is much dissension within the club between individuals.

There is so much Nymzee which stinks right now about what is going on within the club,

Yes, just wanted to put a word in about the spend.

A lot of speculation in there.

Just a few points to mention,

Had a very bad injury spell,

Benitez has not managed very well at all.

Not happy about because of his history but was prepared to accept it

Are the players not playning for the manager or the club.

Certainly there are questions regarding the heirarchy of the club, what hasn been their role.

I think there is much dissension within the club between individuals.

There is so much Nymzee which stinks right now about what is going on within the club,

Yeh and no one is solely blamed in the video.

Moshiri is to blame for being stupid with his money. He didn't put in place a proper team to use his money effectively.

But we can't get rid of him. So the problem there isn't fixable; it's up to him to show a capacity to learn and put in solutions.

One he could put in immediately is the obvious one - sack Marcel Brands, who is provably inept, and bring in a proper Director of Football if he thinks we need one.

It’s a widespread problem throughout the club, it’s a series of failings from top to bottom, the release of Moise Kean and Nkonkou sum it up, the only back up to positions where we are thin on the ground. The constant firing of managers (Ancelotti obviously jumped ship). The signing of 3/4 number 10’s at one time. The signing of Iwobi as a last ditch signing on deadline day for big money. The 5 year contracts on big money, I could go on and on.

From my perspective I wonder if he didn't have the balls to go to the board and ask. The guys got a vision for sure but some of the post match interviews at the time kinda put a thought in my head along the lines of my way or the high way. Since then he's gone away matured and looks an all round better manager. That said international football the pressure only hits once a quarter and not full time. End of the day we haven't found a proper manager with the same passion or development of the game
I don't know, he's got the best international side in the world yet win nothing.

Nice guy, yes he got us but not a winner.

The club was a mess long before Ancelotti arrived! From Koeman onwards all the managers have been pretty well supported, but the fact is at least two of them could have taken us down, and this one might as well!
It's bizarre to say the club was a 'mess' - we've been on the edge of the top teams for a while but it's difficult to break into that. A mess surely would be bottom half, relegation candidates etc

The managers have been well supported by the club, but not by the fans through bad runs

It is inevitable that most managers will have a bad run at some stage. If you then just sack them every time at that point there's very little continuity

Status
Not open for further replies.