Who is to blame? [The Athletic video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s not a mess why do they feel the need to keep sacking managers, or in your view are they bowing to fan pressure each and every time?
We’ll probably never know but I suspect Ancelotti bailed out because he knew what was coming last summer! No money to spend, and still stuck with players who are only seeing out there contracts here because no one else would be stupid enough to pay them the money Everton do!
But yes you carry on with the “it’s the fans fault” line!
I believe it's partly fan pressure meaning the need to sack at the first bad run - there's fan pressure at the moment right? A lot of it seems emotional but it is an issue they'll need to take into account - just as they had to do when appointing Benitez in the first place

Interesting - maybe that is why he bailed out although it seemed to be related to the Madrid approach

I've said enough on this - but I'm clearly not alone in thinking this as enough people have 'liked' my original post

Maybe just have a think at how well certain groups of fans are contributing to the success of the club and what if anything they could do over and above what they're doing at the moment to optimise their contribution

I believe it's partly fan pressure meaning the need to sack at the first bad run - there's fan pressure at the moment right? A lot of it seems emotional but it is an issue they'll need to take into account - just as they had to do when appointing Benitez in the first place

Interesting - maybe that is why he bailed out although it seemed to be related to the Madrid approach

I've said enough on this - but I'm clearly not alone in thinking this as enough people have 'liked' my original post

Maybe just have a think at how well certain groups of fans are contributing to the success of the club and what if anything they could do over and above what they're doing at the moment to optimise their contribution

How do the fans make an owner make better decisions and a club recruit better players?

Anyone who thinks it's the fans fault is on a wind up and can't be taken seriously

Moshiri managerial selections coupled with the Steve Walsh Koeman axis has snookered us.

What we need to take into account is Moshiri tendency to listen to the fans when as an owner you should have faith in your decisions. I feel like the fans have alot of power over Moshiri and at times he appeases them just to keep the status quo which is fine when you realise Evertonians agree on nothing.

My biggest fear is our fanbase is so polarised we'll never come together over any appointment.

I think Moshiri is the only one who has done his job tbh.
Brands was very high profile, Carlo Ancelotti was one of the biggest names in management. How can he have known it wouldn't work throwing money at these two?
The combo bought in one of the biggest names in world football in James Rodriguez...
Everyone had the individual capability to raise the team massively, they collective managed to drag it backwards instead.
I am obviously in the minority that feels that's not his fault, his job is to get the people in and give them money, he did both.

He's the one picking the managers he has to sack constantly.
He's chosen ones that have done well in the past, several proven Premiership quality managers, including our current one and they are continuously letting him down. He has at least had the balls to remove them when they do so, but I can't blame him for getting our most high profile managers and players in decades and for them not doing their jobs.

We really should have kept James. He was so much better than what we have now. Even if he manages half a season (though I think he could have played more without injuries) it would win us a bunch of matches.
Rodriguez wanted out.

The moment Ancelotti left, Rodriguez lost any interest in staying at Goodison. And even if he had wanted to stay, we could barely afford his wages... So for the money he was being paid the question has to be asked: was he playing often enough?

Rodriguez wanted out.

The moment Ancelotti left, Rodriguez lost any interest in staying at Goodison. And even if he had wanted to stay, we could barely afford his wages... So for the money he was being paid the question has to be asked: was he playing often enough?
Nah, Raffa wanted rid. They don’t see eye to eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.