Who is to blame? [The Athletic video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discuss...

Thought it was a very fair, reasoned broadcast that portioned the blame out pretty evenly.

I was thinking that earlier, before listening, that Moshiri is either looking to bin everyone to protect his investment or isn't especially bothered about on field results unless relegation looms.

I just get a sense of complacency, smugness that everyone connected with the club thinks someone else is the problem and that they deserve more autonomy.

Sack the lot, none of them deserve the chance to turn things around.

The CIA and MI6

So, the 50s the CIA and MI6 overthrew the Iranian leader Mosaddegh

The Shah was installed and his rule was so brutal it lead to the 1979 Revolution

Many rich famillies fled the revolution - including the Moshiri's

So our current state is a decades long plot by the Kopite Deep State to destroy us

What’s the Tl;Dw summary
It's only really a general summary with little new insight, to be honest.

Essentially: There's too many cooks spoiling the broth in terms of recruitment, which has given us a disjointed squad. A lot of blame aimed at Brands but also pointing out that he has his hands tied by having others involved in the recruitment.

Already kno all of this the whole club is a mess, needs a rebuild from top to bottom. Fresh ideas with the best people we can bring in having history at the club should not mean you have the right to work here

I have to say that I'm glad it's becoming increasingly reported in the footballing media what a crap show we are behind the scenes. For so long it's the usual spiel of how Kenwright is trying his hardest, new stadium, they just need the right manager "What More Do Evertonians Want?" Etc etc

Now, at least, there is some genuine appreciation that we are seriously rotten. Sad it's taken so long for them to realise and it might spur the board to actually do something about it.

All roads lead back to moshiri cannot criticize his financial input but from a footballing aspect he has been and still is an absolute disaster ,big Sam and benitez alone shows how out if touch and desperate the man is .

Thought it was a very fair, reasoned broadcast that portioned the blame out pretty evenly.

I was thinking that earlier, before listening, that Moshiri is either looking to bin everyone to protect his investment or isn't especially bothered about on field results unless relegation looms.

There's a very good chance that Moshiri only has a passing interest in Everton
I don't imagine he watches every game, and I doubt he gets particularly affected by the results whether they're good or bad
Like you say - so long as we don't get relegated, he's probably just waiting for the new stadium to come around when him and Usmanov can host their friends and show off their toy

There's a very good chance that Moshiri only has a passing interest in Everton
I don't imagine he watches every game, and I doubt he gets particularly affected by the results whether they're good or bad
Like you say - so long as we don't get relegated, he's probably just waiting for the new stadium to come around when him and Usmanov can host their friends and show off their toy
He has said in the past that he dedicates about 8% of his time to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.