Who is to blame? [The Athletic video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the same old Everton.. Never had any guts this side of 1987. Pick the wrong managers, buy the wrong players (where do I even start - have you got an hour?). If they aren't too old, too much looking for an easy pay day, they aren't good enough, aren't fit enough, don't try hard enough.. or do a Lescott/Barkley/Lukaku on us.

The Everton Golf Club Board with it's award winning hospitality.. yeah right, that wins league titles doesn't it?
And how about the attitude on the pitch - how about we occasionally surround the ref, protest a penalty we haven't been given.

And a modicum of good fortune wouldn't go amiss but hey, what do I know? We can't even keep the ball or look remotely dangerous on the attack (unlike nearly every other team we face)..

And who could possibly forget the dodgy Main Stand we built in 1970 on the cheap - might as well have left the immense old one up.

Sounds like it's a structural issue. Too many people having an influence where they shouldn't.

If you want a DOF model, then do it. Let Brands or whoever get on with their job, the manager just deal with the coaching side and the board keep out of it altogether.

If you want an old school manager role then do it and again, the board sign the cheques but stay out of the football side

The hybrid model we seem to have at the moment where the dof brings in players, the manager brings in players and even the board brings in players just results in the mess we have now.

Basically pick a model (dof or manager) and stick with it.

Can't criticise how much money has been pumped in but you sure as hell can criticise how it's been totally wasted

Kenwright for creating the absolute disgusting culture at the club.

Moshiri for being thicker than 10 loafs of bread in who he apppoints and agreeds to spend money on.

Brands for being a money-interested yes man with no convictions.

Benitez for some appalling tactical errors and for his past.

Ex-managers and DoFs for bringing in some truly appalling signings we can't get rid of.

Honest to god, how does the club chairman get only the occasional mention in that video and all the press surrounding the board. He’s the chair of the friking board!!??

Kenwright for creating the absolute disgusting culture at the club.

Moshiri for being thicker than 10 loafs of bread in who he apppoints and agreeds to spend money on.

Brands for being a money-interested yes man with no convictions.

Benitez for some appalling tactical errors and for his past.

Ex-managers and DoFs for bringing in some truly appalling signings we can't get rid of.
Nailed it.

I have never got my head around this directors of football lark. For any club I mean. What did Kendall , Ferguson, Clough, Revie, McMenemy and the like do? Surely the manager back then told the board which players they wanted and then they said yay or nay depending on price and availability ??

Just watched a re-run on Everton TV and they were talking to James Beattie about the current on field problems we have, bearing in mind it's not so long ago he played for us, he replied back then we had the likes of Weir,Carsley,Kilbane,Arteta,Cahill amongst others who played for the shirt and understood what the fans expected, now I know even back then we were moaning as we weren't winning stuff but we had an identity and how many of this current lot can we say that about?For me yes the hierarchy are at fault but the players they have brought in are accountable having seen off numerous managers, they have no pride in themselves or their level of "performance".

Ultimately he is a business man who sees an opportunity ,- with the help of 'friends - to make a lot of dosh and is using us to do so. No mistaking he has spunked money doing so...to get the fans onside ...but that's just monopoly money against what 'they' will ultimately make. We are just a pawn and 'they' saw us coming. If we survive this as a club I will be shockingly surprised.

Just watched a re-run on Everton TV and they were talking to James Beattie about the current on field problems we have, bearing in mind it's not so long ago he played for us, he replied back then we had the likes of Weir,Carsley,Kilbane,Arteta,Cahill amongst others who played for the shirt and understood what the fans expected, now I know even back then we were moaning as we weren't winning stuff but we had an identity and how many of this current lot can we say that about?For me yes the hierarchy are at fault but the players they have brought in are accountable having seen off numerous managers, they have no pride in themselves or their level of "performance".
James Beattie was apart from 2/3 months terrible for us

Status
Not open for further replies.