Who is the worst Everton player you have seen in the Premier League era?

Who is the worst Everton player you have seen in the Premier League era?

• Solomon Rondon

Votes: 74 24.0%
  • Alex Iwobi

Votes: 84 27.3%
  • Oumar Niasse

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Denis Stracqualursi

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Marc Hottiger

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Cuco Martina

Votes: 34 11.0%
  • Tony Thomas

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Per Kroldrup

Votes: 17 5.5%
  • Anton Alcaraz

Votes: 26 8.4%
  • Eliaquim Mangala

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Philippe Senderos

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Davy Klaassen

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • Claus Thomsen

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Mitch Ward

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Danny Williamson

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Tobias Linderoth

• Andy Van Der Meyde

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Aiden McGeady

• David Ginola

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Magaye Gueye

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
a tough call...Everton have/have had so many dross players. I finally plumped for Crab Iwobi. Yes, I acknowledge his pathogenic homesickness lends some mitigation around his uselessness...but I am in ungenerous and unforgiving mood today.

A close second?...Saruman

Felt sorry for McGeady, watching him at Sunderland on the Quest channel. He stood out at Sunderland but could not hack it here. His style and pace belonged to an earlier era.

I know people will cry 'recency' but in terms of the worst player I can recall in my 50 years as an Evertonian, it has to be Rondon. Admittedly he has played better in his career than his current toffee incarnation but his recent appearances for us have been negative numbers, not even zero rated. I did watch Tony Thomas play for Tranmere a few times and he looked good too until the blue shirt came a calling. Perhaps we need a separate poll of 'ok players who were complete rubbish for us'.
Thomas had one good game for us against Bolton when Ferguson got his first ever hatrick (Think he was captain for the first time too.) Put in some boss crosses.

He was another one who had some "issues" allegedly.

Claus Thomsen. Truly awful and remember him scoring an own goal in the derby around 97. That era had some shockers like John spencer, Terry phelan, John o Kane. Awful memories
Terry Phelan was boss for us! Shame he got injured when he did, Hinchcliffe was injured too of course.

The more things change...

I don't think John Spencer touched the ball once in seven appearances for us. Or what we now know as "doing a Rondon".

O'Kane was fine by and large I thought. He was no Paul Holmes anyway.

Thomas had one good game for us against Bolton when Ferguson got his first ever hatrick (Think he was captain for the first time too.) Put in some boss crosses.

He was another one who had some "issues" allegedly.
I saw him a few times at Prenton Park but then went out of country for a while and completely missed his time at Everton.

Terry Phelan was boss for us! Shame he got injured when he did, Hinchcliffe was injured too of course.

I don't think John Spencer touched the ball once in seven appearances for us. Or what we now know as "doing a Rondon".

Oh dear god , I forgot about Holmes . That was a strange transfer .

Has to be in any poll really,total dross and we paid decent dough for him too.

Oh dear god , I forgot about Holmes . That was a strange transfer .
I think we were all hoping it was a Kendall special, lower league signing who nobody really knew about.

Was a bit odd that he did well at Torquay, moved to Birmingham and then moved on to us after only a handful of games for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.