Who is the best centre half you have seen in an Everton shirt since Kevin Ratcliffe?

Who is the best centre half you have seen in an Everton shirt since Kevin Ratcliffe?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the best footballer as such, but the best centre half, the best leader, committed and gutsy, then Dave Watson for me.

No Per Koldrup ?!?! scandalous

Seriously Mountfield was good and Unsworth was a beast.....neer forgive Matarazzi for slagging of the club when he left....even though he was probably right.

Stones had the best skills set but was not a "proper defender" but the best I saw since the Rat is Lescott for the price we got he has pace, could defend and a few goals in him.

Even though he turned into a bell in the end

Best defender we had during my time watching us was unfortunately Lescott, the tit. Extremely consistent, rarely did I look back and think he'd had a poor game, and always good for a valuable goal.

Stones will surpass them all in time tho. Unfortunately not old enough to have seen Ratcliffe or Mountfield to compare.

I agree, Lescott's probably been our best this century, despite being a monumental fire hydrant-headed whopper.

Lescott and Jags were a great team - neither were as good apart from each other.

Was really annoyed when Lescott went and even though we got the dosh, the players we spent it on did not really improve us.

Status
Not open for further replies.