Who is the best centre half you have seen in an Everton shirt since Kevin Ratcliffe?

Who is the best centre half you have seen in an Everton shirt since Kevin Ratcliffe?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was a bit of a donkey at the time and so did large sections of the support. I think he came on leaps and bounds in the ensuing years.
I think we signed him in 89, didn't really become a regular till 91?

And maybe in his early years, because technically he wasn't the greatest footballer, he did get criticised.

But once he and Watson became a partnership, they were outstanding for the next 2yrs before he left. And when he left I would say at least 80% of our fans we're devastated.

At a time when we had a very small team(front 6) And a poor team as well. In an era of giant teams like Wimbledon and palace to name two.

It was keown and Watson With southall behind them, keeping us in so many games. And in the league.

No surprise once he left we were fighting relegation.

Thanks all, always find it very interesting to see different perspectives from fans of our great club.

Keep those views coming.

Watson for his sheer will to win, he was a silent assassin. And John Stones a joy to watch him at times , interesting to see how he progresses now.

Real thought we had a Rolls Royce in Joseph Yobo in his first season with us, he was unreal. Martin Keown was a very accomplished defender for us, but the best years of his career where with arsenal. Special mention also to Richard Gough, but ultimately my vote goes to Dave Watson. Gutted that he replaced Derek mountfield and had initially had to win over the fans, but when he did, he showed what a great defender he was. Fearless, leader, brave and gave his all for the cause. Just a pity he isn't working at the club in some capacity instead of at Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.