Who hates us? (Papers please)

Koff please ...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there's a media campaign aimed at us specifically - but there is a general one aimed at those perceived as 'smaller' clubs. It's insulting and regularly terrible journalism aimed at headline grabbing for traffic to their abysmal websites.

That is probably true.

It seems to affect us more because we have a terrific record in producing young English players since Sky deliberately manufactured this gulf in status between their "elite" clubs and the rest somewhere in the late 90s...Jeffers, Rooney, Osman, Rodwell, Barkley, all of whom became international players whilst with us.

(their idea of an "elite club" not being set in stone of course as anyone with enough money can become one.....as Citeh have demonstrated. It just takes oodles of dough and you are in)

And no one brings relatively unknown young players on better than us......Cahill, Jagielka, Lescott, Baines, Coleman, Fellaini, Garbutt and now Stones.

The result is there is more transfer speculation surrounding our best players than other teams simply because we have better players than most non CL teams in England.

Then there is the perception boys of my vintage still have of our venerable old club.

We refuse to be looked down on by jumped up barrow boys and their mouthpieces in the gutter press and cannot perceive of EFC as being owt but an elite club.

Younger lids have no such illusions as Everton have failed to live up to the expectations we brought them up to expect.

All we can do is keep on loving the Blues and hope this situation is only for now.

COYB ;)

Just because you're paranoid, don't meant they're not after you.
what-you-talkin-bout-willis-quote-1.jpg

I just added up the vote percentages.

It's mainly the top 4 there isn't it?

Lol at the Sun being lumped in with actual newspapers and not bog roll, where it belongs.

I've never seen Horse and Hound say a single positive thing about us.

Unruly cads that they are !

...I'm not sure any newspaper 'hates' us, it's more an issue of favouring a group of clubs to the detriment of the others. I'm afraid it's not just newspapers, it's media in general.

Sterling news - he must stay at Liverpool, the greatest club in the world for developing talent
Stones news - England manager says he'll still choose players who are not playing regularly

No-ones out to get us. They're all dancing to the tune of the moneymen.

Status
Not open for further replies.