Who has been the most incompetent referee this season 21/22?

Who has been the most incompetent referee this season 21/22?

• Atkinson

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Dean

• Oliver

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • Pawson

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Tierney

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Moss

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Coote

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atwell

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Mariner

• Friend

• Kavanagh

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Madely

• England

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it was Kavanagh

He then sent off Ancelotti for pretty much nothing
Yeah that’s the one, showed absolutely no respect. And then after it all him and his colleagues went and hunkered down by the impenetrable centre circle because they were presumably scared of the fans

Jon Moss, although I could have picked any one of them, purely on the basis that somebody who can barely run shouldn't derive that much joy from acting like a PE teacher to elite athletes.

A
Probably the worst season I've ever watched for referee incompetence. It used to be one or two every now and again but now, every week, we see unfathomable decisions. Overall, which one of this bunch is the most cluesless corrupt?
Atwell, Oliver

Why isn't VAR on the list? VAR has been awful this season, not just for Everton, it's been awful across the board.

I was a big advocate for VAR coming in and improving the game but it looks like it's starting to make the ref on the pitch complacent because they know VAR can correct their mistakes but that's not always happening.

They're all as bad as each other.

Inept, attention seeking little nobodies who derive self worth from doing their job poorly.

That being said, I can't wait to not see Jon Moss waddling around in what appears to be a large boys size referee kit. Looks like the plum could burst any minute.

Why isn't VAR on the list? VAR has been awful this season, not just for Everton, it's been awful across the board.

I was a big advocate for VAR coming in and improving the game but it looks like it's starting to make the ref on the pitch complacent because they know VAR can correct their mistakes but that's not always happening.
Because VAR is a tool.

The refs are also tools in a different way but they use VAR to make decisions.

At the end of the day it would be like blaming the gun for shooting someone.

Because VAR is a tool.

The refs are also tools in a different way but they use VAR to make decisions.

At the end of the day it would be like blaming the gun for shooting someone.
VAR is a person using a tool. VAR is a referee sat remotely in a room with the help of video replays.

Everyone can understand the human error involved in having a referee on a pitch that can't possibly see everything during a game being played at full speed but it's a lot harder to understand mistakes being made when a referee has 2 or 3 minutes of slowed down replays to watch.

The VAR tool is absolutely fine, it's the human interpretation of the information that tool is giving them that is in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.