Who did you want to be ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tim cahill (to make everyone here feel old)

both small and good in the air. also i have aussie citizenship and he's part irish (i think?) so it made a lot of sense

baines also because i played left back

Always little Alan Ball. Used pleas, tears, tantrums and everything else to persuade my Mum to buy me the famous white boots, as soon as they are out and continued wearing them even when they started to fall to bits from constant use!

Kanchelskis. I even used to try and alter my whole running technique to run like him.

I failed but at least i got the crossing myself after goals technique down. Although I'm not a Christian so i didn't even get that right.

If i made a save , I was George Wood . A goal was Bob Latchford. A successful nutmeg made me Duncan Mckensie
This
aka, anybody in a blue shirt.
In reality I was a mixture of Brian Harris, Denis Stevens, Carsley and Gueye - play anywhere, run for miles and kick people, give the ball to somebody who could actually play...yer basic managers dream...
But all I wanted to do was score goals and had delusions of being a Tim Cahill (before we even had him) so a tendency to go walkabout...yer basic managers nightmare

Sheedy when I was a kid, I'm left footed so always got shoved out to left mid. Then as I got older, slower and fatter I reinvented myself as an Unsworth-esque centre back. Though without the ability to take a boss penno.

I like to pretend I’m Kieran Dowell and have a leisurely stroll while a game goes on around me, oblivious to anything going on.

It helps to block out the noise of the teachers screaming at me to get out of the playground or they’ll call the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.