Which player did you want to be when you were growing up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lineker then Clarke
Clarke was the beginn
Good story mate...although i always felt Cottee had plenty of fans, probably polarised opinions a lot, but he definitely had a sizable fan club.

Heath, to me, was never appreciated enough. I even recall he had an interview with Shoot (or Match) saying how little our fans appreciated him and always made him a scapegoat when things didn't go well (and this was during/after our successful period).
cottee was a streaky scorer. His goals seemed to come in braces and hatricks

Everton player has to be Kanchelskis - have said before my abiding memory is hearing the chair backs snap back as the whole ground would get up to watch him and that’s how I wanted to be and play. Away from Everton the original Ronaldo - what a player he was!

Being a child in Ireland in the 80s, blue and left footed it obviously had to be Kevin Sheedy! (Maradona is my 2nd fav left footer)

Edwin Van Der Sar.

I was a goalkeeper growing up and at that point our keeper was Tim Howard. So yeah.

My other shout would be Ibrahimovic or Berbatov. Got a proper soft spot for the laid back, arrogant but massively talented lanky centre forward.

I truly fell in love with the game watching that old Arsenal side and then, a little later, World Cup 1998. So for me it was Thierry Henry, Zizou, or Fat Ronaldo. Later still it was the man himself, Ronaldinho.

My old man forced Everton upon me just as Moyes became manager. Being a pacy flair player myself I loved watching the likes of Arteta, Ozzie, Pienaar, Marcus Bent (gulp).

Howard Kendall from the first Everton team I saw and Cruyff from European football (although, I never actually saw him play live).

Status
Not open for further replies.