Which Merseyside district produces most Everton players;

Status
Not open for further replies.
...well, I’m keeping things to post-1960, we had Andy Rankin from Bootle but the Ian Marshall information is most welcome because we had his name but not where he lived. I suspected he might be from there because I saw him once at Bootle golf course.

Good ol’ Bootle Royal and Ancient.

....still a bit surprised nobody can shed light on Billy Wright’s area, especially given the number of games he played. Tommy Wright’s nephew, I have it in mind he could be another Norris Green lad.

...ah, I think we have to include Rooney in the L11 clan. He did play for East Villa at Long Lane, but the Villa was run from The Royal Oak on Muirhead Ave. Lived on Stonebridge Lane, he went to De La Salle where his Mum was the dinner lady. Colleen also from there.

There is providence on here linking Colin Harvey to Bootle, but I always thought of him as Fazakerley. Regardless, I think i could marry Fazakerley & Aintree with Bootle as they are next door.

Tony Grant is nearer. Apparently lived in SparrowHall. Played for The Wilko as a kid.
Only if you want my dad to haunt you from the grave mate!!!! He was from the Independent Republic of Bootle!!!!!

Phil Jevons came through with Wayne Rooney and made a few appearances. Also, didn't Adam Farley (Youth FA Cup winner with Osman, Cadamateri etc) make a couple of appearances?

Stuart Barlow? Paul Lodge? Mike Newell?

Another vague one would be Jamie Milligan; where was he born? I see Ian Bishop sneaked in; I think Andy Mutch (who went on to partner Steve Bull at Wolves) and Shaun Teale (Villa) were team mates of his, but neither got into the 1st team. Teale was actually our youth goalie, but made a pro career as a defender. Anyway, I'll try to wrack my brains while spinning on my chair or deciding whether to have another brew in lockdown!!!

Phil Jevons came through with Wayne Rooney and made a few appearances. Also, didn't Adam Farley (Youth FA Cup winner with Osman, Cadamateri etc) make a couple of appearances?

Stuart Barlow? Paul Lodge? Mike Newell?

Another vague one would be Jamie Milligan; where was he born? I see Ian Bishop sneaked in; I think Andy Mutch (who went on to partner Steve Bull at Wolves) and Shaun Teale (Villa) were team mates of his, but neither got into the 1st team. Teale was actually our youth goalie, but made a pro career as a defender. Anyway, I'll try to wrack my brains while spinning on my chair or deciding whether to have another brew in lockdown!!!

......yep, we got Paul Lodge.

Jevons was in the Colin Harvey‘s successful youth team with Osman, he was a few years before Rooney. Ty Browning is a shout, I need to include him. I know he lived around Moscow Drive off Queens Drive, not far from our very own @Groucho.

i remember Adam Farley, I think he ended up at Marine. Jamie Milligan was terrific, I think he was MoM in the FA Youth Final win, played until recently for Fleetwood. I think Milligan is from the Fylde.

(Edit; just checked, Milligan from Blackpool, now manager of Bamber Bridge. Good footballer.)

Status
Not open for further replies.