Which living X Everton player would you like to meet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duncan McKenzie. We'd spend the day lobbing golf balls and jumping over Minis.
I've met a few ex players over the years, but Duncan is the one who sticks out.
Very down to earth, a great sense of humour and just generally a really nice bloke. If I could have a chat over a few pints with any ex player, I would choose 'magic'

My uncle has a flat in the Albert Dock. Growing up I bumped into a few Liverpool players there, never an Everton player.

My favourite ever Everton player was Mikel Arteta. My parents went to see my uncle without me, and on the way out, they shared a lift with Mikel and Xabi Alonso. I was devastated.
Some of the Liverpool players wives were unaware of the Dock apartments 😉

Me and my son met him at Villa Park before an Everton game, he had retired, he spent a good twenty minutes with us , very easy going and we talked a bit about his career and what he was doing now, he was just a down to earth man with no ego.
I should have added the best player I ever spoke to, and I’ve met a few, was Mick Lyons, it was just like talking to your mate and Terry Darracott was much the same.

I work for Morrisey, 82 now, the tales are amazing to hear and a lovely man.

In my dads time likes of Morrisey and others (such as Bobby Campbell) came from Scottie. Morrisey from St Anthony's (school). My mum went to St Anthony's when "Our Cilla" (she's not our Cilla) was there and my dad went to St Sylvesters.

Andy Gray. Gave 100% every game. The Batterer of Bayern - no wonder Beckenbauer called him an animal after the game! Then got moved on at the end of the '84-'85 season, and didn't appear on a single photo of the team with the trophies won that season. A disgrace!

The following season he was made captain for the day by Aston Villa at Goodison. He led them out (or so he thought), but the rest of the Villa players stopped short of coming out of the tunnel. Andy Gray came onto the pitch on his own and was given a standing ovation by the Goodison crowd. Now THAT is an Everton legend...

Status
Not open for further replies.