Which living X Everton player would you like to meet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Met Big Nev - Alan Whittle, both lost their Autographs - but it has to be Big Joe my schoolboy hero - I argued he was going to come good - but he replaced the GV a hard act to follow - the stick he got on the terraces starting off was disgusting .....
But you were right he came good and then some, unplayable when we won the league, robbed of superstardom when his back injury hit him.
Him and Bally were equally my heroes as a lad.

I'm not sure that's fair.
Been lucky enough to meet Bally and Howard ( both pissed , I wasn't) and spend a drunken evening with Sharpie ( yeah I know but at the time he was sound) and Joe Royle who definitely wasn't. They were all very pleasant although my absolute hero Bally was a bit of hard work ( I had to get him back to his hotel after he did some after dinner speaking for my firm ). I very briefly met Reidy, Graveson and Cahill but didn't spend much time in their company.

I agree with an earlier poster that of the current generation it would be Coleman that I'd like to sit down and have a pint with.
Sorry just make this clear ....big Joe was sound and not pissed. Apologies for my earlier bad wording.

Have met a few ex players. Got to have lunch with Sheedy with just 5 of us there when he was over for a fundraiser event. Had a few beers after and we dropped him back to the hotel after in my wifes 20 year car. He was an absolute gentleman and still in touch with my uncle so will hopefully meet up at a future game.

Would have Southall and Ferguson top of my list of who i would like to meet.

In my dads time likes of Morrisey and others (such as Bobby Campbell) came from Scottie. Morrisey from St Anthony's (school). My mum went to St Anthony's when "Our Cilla" (she's not our Cilla) was there and my dad went to St Sylvesters.
Along with Jimmy Melia and Conny Phillips both St. Anthony’s and Liverpool not to mention Laurie Carberry who won three championship titles with Ipswich, 1st. Div. 2nd. Div. and 3rd. South, not sure if he went St. Anthony’s or Silly’s. As well as Johnny Evans, All Souls and Bournemouth.

Alex Nyarko, just to reminisce about the good times when fans were desperate for his shirt. Sorry, fan. At least, I think he was a fan of his...

Have met a few ex players. Got to have lunch with Sheedy with just 5 of us there when he was over for a fundraiser event. Had a few beers after and we dropped him back to the hotel after in my wifes 20 year car. He was an absolute gentleman and still in touch with my uncle so will hopefully meet up at a future game.

Would have Southall and Ferguson top of my list of who i would like to meet.
Yeah,got to know Sheeds pretty well when he was out of the game and had started a business in Formby, when we started the chang sponsorship a mate was having a housewarming party so as a joke knowing my RS mates were going I got a crate,asked Sheeds to sign all the bottles (I still have one unopened 😂)and took them to the do!!years later Sheeds,van den hauwe and stuey Barlow were doing a sportsman's evening at Goodison,didn't think Sheeds would recall who I was but asked how the family was,was I still in Formby etc,top fella Sheeds👍

Pat VDH.

My first Everton game at Loftus Road 1984, he ran 50 yards to drop a QPR player.

I'd ask him if it's just the one screw loose or multiple and then run.

Great full back BTW.

Latchford or Lyons for me at idols growing up watching us
Luckily met quite a few of the older players when me and my dad use to attend the adelphi hall of fame dinners ,the likes of Gordon west , labone Brian Harris Wally fielding

Status
Not open for further replies.