Which living X Everton player would you like to meet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lucky & met both bally & Howard but never had the pleasure of meeting colin
So colin Harvey is my x player to meet
I met a good few in the past through youth football when the odd player would come down. Gazza one of the highlights. Met him at the training ground where he was coming out to just signs few things. After a chat he told us to hang on, went back inside and came out with ALL of his various bit of training gear and a few nicked balls so we could raffle it all off for the club.

By chance watched a boxing match at a bar somewhere in Southport with Ratcliffe and a couple of others once. They weren’t “celebs” back then, just blokes wanting to be left alone, until they’d had a few.

But now would be Nev all day, to talk about everything other than Everton. His drive in helping others and total disinterest in clinging onto the fringes of football fascinates me. Love him.

I met a good few in the past through youth football when the odd player would come down. Gazza one of the highlights. Met him at the training ground where he was coming out to just signs few things. After a chat he told us to hang on, went back inside and came out with ALL of his various bit of training gear and a few nicked balls so we could raffle it all off for the club.

By chance watched a boxing match at a bar somewhere in Southport with Ratcliffe and a couple of others once. They weren’t “celebs” back then, just blokes wanting to be left alone, until they’d had a few.

But now would be Nev all day, to talk about everything other than Everton. His drive in helping others and total disinterest in clinging onto the fringes of football fascinates me. Love him.
Yes I love is comments on all things Everton from the head not Always from the heart
If you ever get to llandudno there is a pub in the town all everton themed called the nevill
Don't think Nev goes there ?? Tea total

Not so much on the meeting topic, but I was wondering, who is our oldest living ex player?

Never meet your heroes, you'll be disappointed...

Never a truer word said, well Peter Reid aside who me and my mate met in a bar and talked pretty much about anything apart from Everton. But I've found most footballers are crashing bores, and would be more suited to the type of people who can be found propping up a golf club bar, chatting wham about golf and the equity in their mortgage.
They all probably watch Clarkson as well and regale you with damn awful car stats and the best way to get to that London on a Monday morning.
And holiday stories, nobody likes anybody's bloody awful holiday stories either.

Status
Not open for further replies.