Where's the root of Everton's problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLW

Player Valuation: £60m
What causes Everton FC to continuously let themselves and the fans down?
For the past 5 years a lot of money more than ever before has been pumped into this club but we cant seem to get to the next level.

Why is this?

Is the mentality within the club from the top?
Is it Moshiri
Is the DOF (Brands & Walsh)?
Is it the managers?
Is it the players?
Is it the wrong type of players for certain managers styles when they arrive?
Is all of the above combined?

I mean all jokes aside we've had 4 managers and 2 DoF within 5 years that cant be good but how do we fix it?

...and no Ye Ma isn't an option.

Money ...... too much, spent unwisely

Got our hopes up that we could break the glass ceiling

The answer is, no-one knows, if it was one thing it would be easily fixed.

My feeling is it’s all of the above stacking up , a general malaise and apathy throughout the club, little things that just stack up.

I remember the stories of Gerrard at the RS writing players off if they couldn’t control a pass from him - I highly doubt there’s any such standard or expectation in our training and no one hits a pass with half the gusto Gerrard did and still most of the teams first touch is tragic at best.

I don’t believe half the players actually want Europe, why travel to Russia midweek if they don’t need to.

Im comfortable with Brands - I think his number one job over the past few years was probably to try and balance the books a little (them being a shambles), I’m comfortable with Carlo, I don’t think any manager will get better from this group and no matter what happens in the next two games we’ve “improved” on last season.

Summer and next season are massive, I think Carlo’s comments have pointed to spending and if they can’t get it right this time, I don’t think they ever will.

What causes Everton FC to continuously let themselves and the fans down?
For the past 5 years a lot of money more than ever before has been pumped into this club but we cant seem to get to the next level.

Why is this?

Is the mentality within the club from the top?
Is it Moshiri
Is the DOF (Brands & Walsh)?
Is it the managers?
Is it the players?
Is it the wrong type of players for certain managers styles when they arrive?
Is all of the above combined?

I mean all jokes aside we've had 4 managers and 2 DoF within 5 years that cant be good but how do we fix it?

...and no Ye Ma isn't an option.
Giving Steve Walsh the keys to the castle us back years.

Fans expectations.

We had an awful squad at the start of the season and yet we have threads on achieving European football.
Probably brought on by over-achieving in several games with some remarkable results along the way and breaking some hoodoos.
Funny old season.
But the squad is still gash.

I would have said we need a clear out. But we all already knew that a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.