Where will Everton finish 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current squad - full blown relegation battle.

If we get the two wingers and strikers we are looking for then I think 10th on the upside and 15th on the downside, but clear of relegation threat.
I could possibly agree with this, thought we'd have made one or two more signings by now. If we get them in, we'll be alright.

LB - Young, Mykolenko (Godfrey if really necessary)
RB - Patterson, Coleman, Garner played well there for england and us at the end of last season, Young can also play RB

We could probably get away with those options.

CB we need 1 more I agree, im hoping Tarkowski & Branthwaite are the two, but Ive a feeling Keane is going to start the season CB.

It's not even 2 extra wingers and 2 extra strikers really.

it's a Gray and a Maupay replacement (they're as good as redundant wrt our first 11), and a winger and a striker.

Optimistic 10th that would be a major achievement, with between 45-50 points, and it would still be meh. When I think about it, 45 points is rubbish, and we may well find that it's a high scoring season, with 7th place needing around 55 points, and relegation up to 37. 11th place got 45 points, and i think Palace, Forest, Bournemouth might do better. We will be lucky that Luton take an automatic relegation spot, so we're fighting for 2 places this year. All in all, my head is all over the place and I sort of wish we could fast forward to January 2025.

Unfortunately I worry that only Luton will finish below us this season.

One this I would say on a general prediction though, keep an eye on Brighton. That level of VERY extreme inconsistency we saw at the end of the season with big wins followed by big batterings can go bad quickly. Add in Europa League and I think it could be interesting. I wouldn't assume a repeat of last season

Departures from last season’s squad will change the complexion as well. It’s inevitable that the pantry gets raided and Brighton lose some of their better players. It will be interesting to see if they continue their fine scouting and recruitment of replacements.

With the current squad were bottom 5, and thats even if DCL plays 20 games+

With 4/5 strong additions in the right positions + keep DCL fit I think we can push 7th/8th, Dyche will bleed every drop out of these - did it with burnley so should be able to do it with Everton given support.

Status
Not open for further replies.