When did our fans become such cry babies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because there sick of failure and false promises.
Failure? So staying in the top flight of English football constitutes failure. Right you are.

Also, do you put on Lynx every morning and wonder why models aren't throwing themselves at you? Because somebody needs to tell you something about promises otherwise...

No one is expecting us to win every game. Two on the trot would be nice, no? and we just got knocked out of the FA cup at home and we're having yet another crap season. NSNO and all that.
Crap season? Are we having to come out in the pouring rain after another loss while trying to remember how other scores affected us with regards to relegation? It's a season with no silverware. Things are changing.

Crap season? Are we having to come out in the pouring rain after another loss while trying to remember how other scores affected us with regards to relegation? It's a season with no silverware. Things are changing.
We're out of both cups with 3 more points than last season. How would you have felt about that last year with Martinez in charge?

We're out of both cups with 3 more points than last season. How would you have felt about that last year with Martinez in charge?
I can't answer that really as the frustration with Martinez was more that we couldn't see a game out and it appeared he had rose tinted glasses on. Last season at times there was a worry we were going to get dragged into a relegation fight.

I can't answer that really as the frustration with Martinez was more that we couldn't see a game out and it appeared he had rose tinted glasses on. Last season at times there was a worry we were going to get dragged into a relegation fight.
You watched today's game right?

In all seriousness, I agree with your read on Martinez. But I think you are too harsh about those frustrated by today's result or results in general this season. No one is expecting miracles, but both the results and the performances have been disappointing.

So staying in the top flight of English football constitutes failure

No more than it constitutes success. I would also say that getting to the semi-final of the FA Cup is a more successful run in the competition than getting knocked out by Leicester in the first round at home. That's just me though.

In all seriousness, I agree with your read on Martinez. But I think you are too harsh about those frustrated by today's result or results in general this season. No one is expecting miracles, but both the results and the performances have been disappointing.
Like I say, it's more the feeling that people talk like they know far better than the people in charge and know far more about the ins and outs than they do. My frame of reference is probably different to there's on terms of winning.

No more than it constitutes success. I would also say that getting to the semi-final of the FA Cup is a more successful run in the competition than getting knocked out by Leicester in the first round at home. That's just me though.
So we're in the top 1% of clubs in the country but that's not an indicator of success. Okay.

And it's better than being beaten at home by Oldham, home by Tranmere, away by Shrewsbury. We either have a great cup run or have our pants pulled down early. This was one of the latter.

So we're in the top 1% of clubs in the country but that's not an indicator of success. Okay.

And it's better than being beaten at home by Oldham, home by Tranmere, away by Shrewsbury. We either have a great cup run or have our pants pulled down early. This was one of the latter.

I guess some fans think their team is capable of more and that the odd trophy in a 22 year timeframe wouldn't go amiss. Demented stuff, I know

Daft thread. People are moaning through sheer frustration, obviously. Goodison is a library, which is completely understandable when you have a team that doesn't show any passion or commitment and the same old mentality still appears to exist in the boardroom, even though we have a new major shareholder. That's my reasoning and I bet plenty agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.