What's this all about NY Cosmos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do they play a derby against a local rival?

We buy them, and they will never win that fixture again.

Not in their league, but the U.S. Open Cup is regionalized early in the competition and they have played the two New York MLS teams a few times. In fact the meeting with NYCFC this year contributed to their problems. A bunch of plastic ultras on both sides showed up and caused trouble, leading to the university that leases their stadium to the Cosmos to withdraw the deal.

No, the NASL I believe which is the league below it. No promotion or relegation system so they can never really grow.

That league is in serious trouble and may not make it, which would make the United Soccer League the second tier by default. I think the teams like Ottawa and Tampa Bay that "self-relegated" from NASL did it for their own security and knowing that it may not be a relegation at all.

That league is in serious trouble and may not make it, which would make the United Soccer League the second tier by default. I think the teams like Ottawa and Tampa Bay that "self-relegated" from NASL did it for their own security and knowing that it may not be a relegation at all.

Ottawa self-relegated? I live here and that's news to me, however I just googled them and apparently they have Dalglish's son as manager.. I didn't even know there was a 3rd professional division for the US/Canada.

I have never been to watch them, but they seemed to have done alright two years ago with a load of Eastern European journeymen.

Status
Not open for further replies.