What's this all about NY Cosmos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cosmos%2084-85%20Home%20Jersey%20Luis%20Alberto%20(2).JPG

In theory I love the idea. According to other rumours Red Bull want to sell their MLS club based in New York. If Moshiri really wants to buy Cosmos (unlikely), then it would make a great sense to buy that MLS franchise as well and rebrand them as Cosmos. That may actually be a great opportunity for him to invest money as Cosmos are still a really well-known brand and so have a great potential. Quite similar as Everton. Great history, great brand, great potential. And owning a club in both PL and MLS could be quite benefitical for both of them. Our older players would have a quick way to go to USA. MLS club could help us with going around FFP or STCC. We would likely get a great fanbase in NY in a few years. We could even send there some players to develop. Or coaches. There is a great reason why Man City own a club in MLS. We should aim to own one too, if possible.

In theory I love the idea. According to other rumours Red Bull want to sell their MLS club based in New York. If Moshiri really wants to buy Cosmos (unlikely), then it would make a great sense to buy that MLS franchise as well and rebrand them as Cosmos. That may actually be a great opportunity for him to invest money as Cosmos are still a really well-known brand and so have a great potential. Quite similar as Everton. Great history, great brand, great potential. And owning a club in both PL and MLS could be quite benefitical for both of them. Our older players would have a quick way to go to USA. MLS club could help us with going around FFP or STCC. We would likely get a great fanbase in NY in a few years. We could even send there some players to develop. Or coaches. There is a great reason why Man City own a club in MLS. We should aim to own one too, if possible.

$$$$$$$$$$;)

This sounds like an amazing opportunity to me.

How much would Cosmos and Red Bulls cost to buy and merge?

Would be fantastic publicity and really get the marketing going in the US as we would be getting a huge brand name at their lowest ebb but still with great prestige.

I'm all for it + could send coaches there and also young players on loan.

Meh.

Of much more Interest, IMO, is the next article down about the 3 historic features to keep on the Bramley Moore site... not that we have much choice as they are 'listed'

Especially The Victoria Tower, give it a good clean and get the 6 old clocks working. Plus the refound Littlewoods clock Inside the new ground...wonder how the Badge would look with 2 towers on it? Linking the old ground with the new, via the old tower and the even older one

This sounds like an amazing opportunity to me.

How much would Cosmos and Red Bulls cost to buy and merge?

Would be fantastic publicity and really get the marketing going in the US as we would be getting a huge brand name at their lowest ebb but still with great prestige.

I'm all for it + could send coaches there and also young players on loan.

....steady, not sure I'd want anything to do with a club with Red in its name.

Meh.

Of much more Interest, IMO, is the next article down about the 3 historic features to keep on the Bramley Moore site... not that we have much choice as they are 'listed'

Especially The Victoria Tower, give it a good clean and get the 6 old clocks working. Plus the refound Littlewoods clock Inside the new ground...wonder how the Badge would look with 2 towers on it? Linking the old ground with the new, via the old tower and the even older one

Am I right in thinking that is the only six faced clock in the world?

My Cynical prediction.

Rumours start up, club does not deny them. We all get made to believe that we are going ahead with this, and that we get suggestions that is where money is being directed to so less transfer budget than we expected so we spend much less. Deadline day passes, we sign one, maybe loan a couple as well but nothing like what we need. then news comes out that we tried to negotiate the deal but the MLS rejected us, so all the MLS cash is now available to invest into the team in the summer.

then come march we get the early bird season tickets and talk of millions from the summer and MLS deals ready for the summer to spend and spend big to make us a force, warchests and all of that.

then come september 1st, we are talking about these deals that just didn't come off, why we didn't take advantage of selling lukaku in terms of wages and hopeful for the following january that we will finally come good (even though players don't move in world cup year)

same old everton

Reactions: Tez
My Cynical prediction.

Rumours start up, club does not deny them. We all get made to believe that we are going ahead with this, and that we get suggestions that is where money is being directed to so less transfer budget than we expected so we spend much less. Deadline day passes, we sign one, maybe loan a couple as well but nothing like what we need. then news comes out that we tried to negotiate the deal but the MLS rejected us, so all the MLS cash is now available to invest into the team in the summer.

then come march we get the early bird season tickets and talk of millions from the summer and MLS deals ready for the summer to spend and spend big to make us a force, warchests and all of that.

then come september 1st, we are talking about these deals that just didn't come off, why we didn't take advantage of selling lukaku in terms of wages and hopeful for the following january that we will finally come good (even though players don't move in world cup year)

same old everton

looks like youve supported us for a while then .... you know how the game goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.