What's the dynamics with Liverpool FC like in the city?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is that they’re sound and almost normal people right up until the point they start talking about football at which point you want to punch them in the face.

This really.
I have loads of mates who are Liverpool supporters. They appear to be perfectly 'normal' people MOST of the time.
When the conversation turns to football however, they inevitably become cockwombles of the highest order.

Hate the club and everything if stands for , regularly rant about my hatred for the support base . Yet my best friend whose closer than a brother to me and a couple of other real genuine mates are reds as are many god children that’s before we get into the extended family .

When Hillsborough happened I was at the services trying to comfort those close to me and tried what pathetically little I could do to support the incredible bravery , determination and strength of those who fought for justice . I also felt pride at what they’d done not to mention how moved I was when they played Zcars for Rhys Jones at anfield.

In short from my point of view , like many I’d guess , it’s incredibly complex .

This really.
I have loads of mates who are Liverpool supporters. They appear to be perfectly 'normal' people MOST of the time.
When the conversation turns to football however, they inevitably become cockwombles of the highest order.
I might change my op actually. The ones from the City or at least the local-ish ones who regularly attend the game are usually sound (until the conversation turns to football). The southern ones who don’t actually know anything about the club, only go when they get a ticket for their birthday or something and think a sky subscription and getting a shirt every year is a season ticket are always belters of the upper echelons of the absolute highest order.

Outside of football they’re like American tourists (sorry yanks but you are like this) you know exactly what they are before they’ve opened their mouths and you can just tell something’s not quite right by their body language and weird mannerisms. Where the American tourists always wear a hat, shorts with white socks and trainers regardless of the weather your Average Liverpool fan is wearing a piece of club merchandise. Even if it’s not a 45 year old bloke wearing a Salah shirt whilst out with his kids he’s got something on.

Last edited:

I might change my op actually. The ones from the City or at least the local-ish ones who regularly attend the game are usually sound (until the conversation turns to football). The southern ones who don’t actually know anything about the club, only go when they get a ticket for their birthday or something and think a sky subscription and getting a shirt every year is a season ticket are always belters of the upper echelons of the absolute highest order.

Outside of football they’re like American tourists (sorry yanks but you are like this) you know exactly what they are before they’ve opened their mouths and you can just tell something’s not quite right by their body language and weird mannerisms. Where the American tourists always wear a hat, shorts with white socks and trainers regardless of the weather your Average Liverpool fan is wearing a piece of club merchandise. Even if it’s not a 45 year old bloke wearing a Salah shirt whilst out with his kids he’s got something on.
Trump supporters, the lot of them

I have lots of kopite mates and even one son who is RS! (#crosses chest)
Perfectly nornal human beings right up until you discuss football.
The subject is simply out of bounds with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.