What's Our Best Worst Result Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
....best has to be Wimbledon/Coventry results that kept us in the top flight. Without those, who knows where we’d be these days.

Worst - I think I’d have to say Panathinaikos in the European Cup. It was followed a few days later by an FA Cup semi-final loss to the Reds and the break up of arguably our greatest ever team.

....best has to be Wimbledon/Coventry results that kept us in the top flight. Without those, who knows where we’d be these days.

Worst - I think I’d have to say Panathinaikos in the European Cup. It was followed a few days later by an FA Cup semi-final loss to the Reds and the break up of arguably our greatest ever team.
I am officially a jinx, this is where my "Everton that"psyche commenced for the very first time lol

If I put my mind to it I'd probably pick something different but going up against City in 2014 (Barkley wasn't it) made me feel physically sick. I mean I cheered but then it kind of sunk in a bit what it could mean.

Getting beat in the 1986 Cup final was my lowest point being an Evertonian particularly when I thought we where a better team than them and we should have won the league as well. Still hurts all these years later. Best was Bayern Munich.
Still my worst few days as an Evertonian,felt absolutely empty at the end at Wembley,especially hard on the back of gift wrapping them the title,we bossed them as much as you could at 1-0,they were scrapping amongst themselves,Oh Shaggy why didn't you just launch that pass?

I got to thinking after the Newcastle result, some Geordies are probably quite miffed that they beat us, on the basis that a big win for us could possibly have got Bruce sacked. This would inevitably have led to jubilation on Tyneside.
It brought to mind the day Boro whacked us 3-0 in the cup that quickly led to Walter Smith being sacked; for me that was a great day brought on by a terrible performance and result.
So Blues, what's your best worst result for The Mighty Blues?
I know this isn’t your question but just had a look at the table. Against not Everton this year, Newcastle are 4 wins, 4 draws, and 12 losses. Not taking a single point of them this season is actually pathetic.

Still my worst few days as an Evertonian,felt absolutely empty at the end at Wembley,especially hard on the back of gift wrapping them the title,we bossed them as much as you could at 1-0,they were scrapping amongst themselves,Oh Shaggy why didn't you just launch that pass?
Yeah it was horrible wasn't it mate. I remember saying to the lad in front of me. Who scored and when he said Rush the shiver went down my spine as they'd never lost at that time when he scored.

Someone in this thread mentioned your best win too. So on that theme, a curve ball from me, I loved your Feb95 PL win over Manure at Goodison. Genuinely, I can still recall it now. They had all the money and internationals, loved by the media.

The CM of Ebbrell, Parkinson and Horne, the winner from none other than Duncan.

Did you not enjoy the win against the rs at Goodison a few months earlier?

Which game sealed Fat Scams fate? In hindsight I am fairly sure the board just wanted a short term manager, but he did okay in terms of league position so there may have been some temptation to keep him. I do recall a game where Goodison made feelings known. That probably did it. Who did we play?

Edit: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/allardyce-takes-swipe-booing-everton-fans looks like Southampton

Double edit: could have been West Brom lol https://www.skysports.com/football/...e-right-to-boo-during-the-draw-with-west-brom

Status
Not open for further replies.