whats Moyes playing at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if he gets a six match ban when we could have played the media game a bit better and got him four you'd be happy with that?

He'll get three games for violent conduct. The other two incidents were barely more than the general rough and tumble that goes on at every set piece, particularly against a side like Stoke.

So if he gets a six match ban when we could have played the media game a bit better and got him four you'd be happy with that?

Yes he would deserve it, if it happened to one of our players we would be going nuts, how can you try and say Moyes should try and sweep it under the carpet is beyond me,

It's not like he even just done it the once, he let everyone down simple as that

The band can't be more than 3 games surely? What would be the justification for it being longer? Headbutt was a red card, violent conduct = 3 match ban.

Any more and it iz a konspiracee.

I was amazingly proud of how we handled yesterday's situation.

What Fellaini did has no place at our club, and I'm pleased we didn't try to lessen or obfuscate it.

Yes he was being provoked, but he just needs to accept that he's going to be a marked man by the opposition and get a grip on himself. It's been shown by a couple of teams lately that the one way to stop him is to try to get under his skin, so more and more people are going to try it, and he can't react how he did yesterday.

Well done Moyes, it's nice to finally see some honesty from a football manager - might shame others into following suit, and well done Felli for having the balls to apologise so quickly.

Hold your breath, I dare ya!!!

Yes he would deserve it, if it happened to one of our players we would be going nuts, how can you try and say Moyes should try and sweep it under the carpet is beyond me,

It's not like he even just done it the once, he let everyone down simple as that

Cos almost every other manager does for the benefit of thier side. I don't wan't us to be the moral bastions of the league while others finish above us. Honesty doesn't get you an open top bus ride.

like others have said on MOTD thread theirs now a media circus out there to make sure felliani gets as many games out as possible and I just think had moyes highlighted stokes players dragging him round all game and how dzeko got a pen against felliani for less maybe the FA and the media would have looked at it differently rather than seeing felliani as a barton MK2

Cos almost every other manager does for the benefit of thier side. I don't wan't us to be the moral bastions of the league while others finish above us. Honesty doesn't get you an open top bus ride.

You'd rather we all went out on the pitch wearing "Support Fellaini" t-shirts?
We've spent the last 2yrs giving that lot across the park dog's abuse because of the pathetic way their club as a whole handled the suarez situation (both the racism and his diving).

Personally I hold us to a higher standard - we're better than that, and Fellaini let us down yesterday.

Initially I thought moyes had got it wrong thinking same as op and that he's now made it that fellaini will receive a big ban...

Having seen how its panned out since I think it's a masterstroke. He has with his words completely took the sting out of the situation. Aswell as making Everton look the great club we are.

Was going to get banned either way!

We've spent the last 2yrs giving that lot across the park dog's abuse because of the pathetic way their club as a whole handled the suarez situation (both the racism and his diving).

Personally I hold us to a higher standard - we're better than that, and Fellaini let us down yesterday.

Nobody is saying that!

I'm saying Moyes could and should have done more when he spoke after the match. He should never have et out to excuse what Felli did and should have been clear in his stance that what he did was wrong. BUT there's a subtle way of also saying that the world should also look at the actions of Shawcross during the match AND make the point that it was neither a full on headbutt nor a full on punch. Rodgers and Wenger in his day were pricks dont get me wrong but there's lots of reasons to put out a more balanced message. We're not making it up. Felli was provoked and he didn't flatten Shawcross.

Nobody is saying that!

I'm saying Moyes could and should have done more when he spoke after the match. He should never have et out to excuse what Felli did and should have been clear in his stance that what he did was wrong. BUT there's a subtle way of also saying that the world should also look at the actions of Shawcross during the match AND make the point that it was neither a full on headbutt nor a full on punch. Rodgers and Wenger in his day were pricks dont get me wrong but there's lots of reasons to put out a more balanced message. We're not making it up. Felli was provoked and he didn't flatten Shawcross.

But why should excuses be made? Fellaini was a tit for what he did simple as that, it happens week in week out in football but you dont see players going round butting eachother every week,

i honestly cannot belive i am seeing people say we should be making excuses for Fellaini, and is a huge contradiction for the fact that the same people where laughing at Daglish when he was defending suarez

I'm not bothered about them and I don't ever think about what they will say or what they think. They have no placee in this discussion.

What I do think is what's the best that can happen for Everton? It was clear Fellaini was gunna cop for a ban after that. But to me it was also clear he'd been provoked all day and that some of the things Stoke did have cost us pens this season.

I'd have tried to take a bit of sting out of it and portray Felli as a frustrated footballer getting wellied everywhere by a gang of yard dogs(not untrue either BTW) instead of hanging him and calling for the punishment myself.

That higher standard you hold us to is costing us points as refs know you can give easy decisions against everton and get no comebacks. I want us to play the game the same why the other 19 do.

You really think that if Moyes had said something different the FA would give him a lesser ban ? I doubt it.

You really think the FA will ignore the outcry from all sections of the media and do the right thing. I don't.

The whole tone of todays news articles could have been altered by Moyes there and it will count.

Its the right thing for me, we all know how badly Dalglish came across last year with his defense of Suarez, i think its important to hold your hands up and call it as it is. Maybe the FA will be more lenient by the action Moyes took against him in their punishing.

That Shawcross is always in the mix when there is a bit of controvesy isnt he.

Status
Not open for further replies.