What would you do with Goodison if we get our new ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno, just figured coming to an agreement with the council regarding the Goodison Park site would increase our chances of getting a prime location elsewhere. I'd be buzzing if EITC could have the land and do something with it.

We have a location. The days of us Kowtowing to the council are gone. If we don't want/have to sell Goodison, we don't.

In an era where we'd make the same amount from selling Goodison as we did for selling Steven Naismith, I can definitely see us holding on to it. Keep the pitch, take down the stands (use what can be used in the new stadium) and replace them with EITC offices/community factilties and perhaps some sort of visitor center/hospitality center (pub).

Just hope we don't let the ***** turn it into a car park now they have 54k capacity and decided to stay in a relatively congested area with little parking space.

Oh I dunno, how about 2,000 parking spaces for Kopites at £6 a go (so cheaper than Priory Road).. That's an easy £300K a year.

We could leave it to rot and bring the whole area into gradual deprivation. Oh wait, that philosophy has already been pioneered elsewhere...

They had to keep the Art Deco stand facade. And flats in what is a very popular part on North London are dead easy to get a good price for.

Quite a few players have a pad there apparently. Henry certainly has.

Bit different to L4.

Suppose it could house all those Liverpool kicked out for their new stand?

....no...?

Suppose it could house all those Liverpool kicked out for their new stand?

....no...?

If some affordable housing is involved, why not?

Shankley found a welcome here after he was left to rot by them.

That will forever be on their conscience. Well it wont, but it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.