What would you do with Goodison if we get our new ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard the land is only worth around £1m and that the club would just give it back to the City. No idea what would happen from there....Affordable housing sounds like a likely option

I heard that too - but that space adjacent to Stanley Park (Park End) would be made available for "them" if you know what I mean.

Some nice housing as you say is a likely option for much of the rest.

Me, too, thinks it'll be sold to highest bidder. Housing. Ball Way, Southall Boulevard, Dean Street, Kendal Fly Over, Harvey Underpass...

Although street signage would need to be v high or engraved (or other): otherwise those street signs might find themselves adorning the rooms of Blues homes (you naughty scousers).

Mate, Colin Harvey never underpassed a thing, everything was perfection.

Dismantle the Park End and flog it. Still a perfectly functioning stand.

Hopefully there's the ability to retain some of the Gwladys St end in a new development (akin to what Arsenal did with Highbury), and develop the rest, maybe give the school some land to extend their playground.

This thread is upsetting, can't believe we will soon say goodbye to her.

Some good suggestions here though, something back to the community would be nice.
Could have it as part of Stanley park, simply build a bridge from Goodison side across to Stanley park proper, they have something similar in Dubai, a big park with a motor way running through it, both sides connected by a bridge.

It will go to some sort of private development or a supermarket.

What I would like is some sort of affordable playing area/football pitches, I know we have Walton/Stanley park, but its about time we have a designated area for football that isn't £50 a game every week.

Maybe doubled up as a EITC centre, good place to find local talent (Footballers or Soccer Moms/MILFS).
It will also give a few people on here a chance to shout abuse as footballers in-between Everton games, hope to see you all there !

Status
Not open for further replies.