What would you do with Goodison if we get our new ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is upsetting, can't believe we will soon say goodbye to her.

Some good suggestions here though, something back to the community would be nice.
Could have it as part of Stanley park, simply build a bridge from Goodison side across to Stanley park proper, they have something similar in Dubai, a big park with a motor way running through it, both sides connected by a bridge.

Considering Stanley Park is considered theirs by some, I wouldn't even leave them the decency of one of my dog's steaming turds.

For me the perfect solution would be to turn it over to EiTC for them to develop as they see fit a number of facilities and amenities that would best suit the local community.

That would be a real legacy from a club totally in tune with it's people.
Could we afford to keep Goodison?

I'd make a deal with the council to flatten it and allow them to have the land to build more housing, etc, in return for their support for a new site on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey.

Either that or give the stadium to Osman and Hibbert by way of apology for only giving them both just the one testimonial and millions of pounds during their careers.

;)

It should most definitely go to EiTC. That would be a win, win all around. There would still be room for a museum and monument of sorts, but more importantly, Everton would still be there. A fitting legacy that would continue to serve the community. Anything else would be a travesty. Well that would be my little vote, for what it's worth.

Doesn't have to remain as a football ground. How about a local community leisure hub. The middle could be a swimming pool with the half way line and center circle positions denoted in blue tiles. It could also be used by Gwladys Street School then.

I truly would hope that the most recognisable parts of the stadium will be taken to the new site to form part of the experience, but tat would make retaining the stadium structure impossible.

Then it would be another first for Everton if EiTC could acquire the plot for the benefit of the community.
Would be unbelievable, but can't ever see it happening. Surely a bit of give-and-take with the council in return for their support for us acquiring land and permission to build new stadium on the docks.

Would be unbelievable, but can't ever see it happening. Surely a bit of give-and-take with the council in return for their support for us acquiring land and permission to build new stadium on the docks.

Why do we need to give and take with the council? EITC I am sure can regenerate the Goodison Park plot far more effectively than the local authority.

Why do we need to give and take with the council? EITC I am sure can regenerate the Goodison Park plot far more effectively than the local authority.
Dunno, just figured coming to an agreement with the council regarding the Goodison Park site would increase our chances of getting a prime location elsewhere. I'd be buzzing if EITC could have the land and do something with it.

It would be great to keep it as part of EITC as leaves a worthy legacy, and shows the total commitment from the club towards this venture.
I would imagine it will house affordable homes though...

Status
Not open for further replies.