What will Everton spend (net) this forthcoming transfer window?

What will Everton spend (net) this forthcoming transfer window?

• £0-£10m

• £10m-£20m

• £20m-£30m

• £30m-£40m

• £40m-£50m

• £50m-£60m

• £60m-£70m

• £70m-£80m

• £80m-£90m

• £90m-£100m

• £100m+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Well? What you think Everton will spend?

A prediction, not what you think the club can or should spend. Leave all that to the "accountants" who seem to forget the club's majority shareholder is a billionaire accountant.

I think we may have a higher net spend this summer because there are not many players to sell who will fetch a decent fee.

That I cam remember last summer we sold Lookman, McCarthy Vlasic and Gueye who brought in about 75m. There may be others.
I can't see us going close this summer unless we sell somebody we would prefer to keep.

Can we go out and start spending big in the transfer market with FFP hanging over us, does FFP just affect wages?

I think it will be modest enough about £50m, which if no premium players sold, leaves us with limited options.

Maybe two first-team signings, a 3rd in the "gamble" category for a lesser fee, and I think we absolutely must use the frees/loans market, for numbers.

We can't spend top whack on a single player anyway, as nobody in that bracket would want to come here.

This is why I'm sceptical about Hojberg, another PL player with competition for his signature, and probably the biggest move of their career for personal terms. It's not really the market we can afford to be in, if overpaying dilutes the capacity to be able to afford other signings.

We have to try and bring in players at the next level down in terms of recognition, and for me that means doing most of our buying from the continent or South America.

You can still do a lot of damage with £50m if the scouting is above par, that is in my eyes the primary reason for Brands being brought in.

Last edited:

I've no idea. I think we'll spend plenty but in terms of net spend it will really come down to how many of the underperformers we can ship out. Some might command a decent fee (10m+) like Iwobi or Bernard, but others I can't see us recouping much at all.

idk, maybe/hopefuully something like 70m total on incoming players and between 20-30m from sales. 40-50m net.

giphy.gif

Think we'll spend about 70 ish on a couple of CMs and a RW

Will probs make 20-30 mil in sales, Tosun, Delph, Bernard, Pennington will all be sold imo. Can probs raise some nominal funds in loans as well, Besic, Beni, Adeniran, Sandro, Bolasie, Dowell.

Hope we hold onto Richy and Digne, though slightly less worried about losing them with Carlo here.

Pickford in a curious one too, if the Chelsea rumours are true then take the money and run and reinvest every penny of it to a reliable keeper.

But yeah think our net will be in the 40 mil region.

Status
Not open for further replies.