What type of home games do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a great question and shows how times have changed coupled with the improvement in our first team and the interest this brings! It’s not so long ago we were selling a post Xmas season ticket for the remaining home games of the year! Now we asking what game is better to see - one against the Champions or a newly Premiership team - because for many, getting a ticket to Goodison these days is a tough ask.

I think it’s brilliant that these questions are even being asked because it shows how far come. I’ve been there and seen games and performances I’d rather forget - a cold and wet half empty Goodison isn’t as attractive as many may think it is - long may we have such conversations on here because it says to me we are doing a lot of things right on the pitch!

Say for example you didn't have a season ticket and as you know all our home games sell out. You get offered the choice of two tickets, one for say Sheffield United and the other for Man City, which would you choose?

Sheff Utd - huge favourites, probability of a few goals and not much surprise at the win.
Man City - bigger game, great feeling if we win but higher likelihood that you are going to see us lose/draw at most.

Personally I really look forward to the games against the lesser teams. I just love the feeling you get when we have won no matter who we play.
These days I'd go for the smaller team. I've not watched alive game for donkeys, since I'm miles away. I can genuinely say I've never seen us lose while I've been in the crowd and now I'm torn.

On the one hand I wouldn't want that record to be broken. On the other hand, if Everton want to hand me free tickets to every match and put on transport, then there's a chance we'd surely win the league.

I prefer the Saturday 3pm kick off. Man City is now always moved for TV therefore I'd have to say Sheffield United.

I'm not going to the Man City game sold my ticket on Stubhub as Saturday 5.30's are no good for me getting the train home. I could drive but last time I drove up to Goodison to see us play Man City I was back on the M6 before full time.

Status
Not open for further replies.