What the hell is happening!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a long way to go in this window yet, we've got Europa Qualifiers to negotiate and important away games in the Premiership. We've bought a full new spine for the first team - from goalkeeper to centre fireworks - four players who are all likely to start and improve the first team. We've done business like never before, done it early and landed targets we wanted.

You can't help but feel positive, add in the development and progression of u23s challenging for a first team spot, new additions to Unsy's own team - it's been a great summer for Walsh, Koeman and Co. The uncertainty of Lukaku and Barkley's future need resolving, the sooner the better. We're so used to disappointment it makes many sceptical of the funding and the net spend crew but one thing you can't deny is that we've made a serious statement of intent.

Get in Everton, long may it continue.

So far, here is who we brought in:

1. Captain of Europa league Finals team who scored 14 from midfield, the highest for a midfielder in the league.
2. Current #1 for the U-21 team, and one of only 2 players nominated for the PFA Young player of the year not named Lukaku, Alli, Kane, and Sane.
3. The other 1 of 2 players nominate fro PFA Young player of the year not named Lukaku, Alli, Kane, and Sane.
4. The 4th best goalscorer under 22 in the top 5 leagues, following only Alli, Mbappe, and Werner.
5. The top goalscorer across all of the bigger leagues under 21.

I hear you - but honestly if Lukaku was sold tomorrow and we didn't buy anyone else - I would say the squad is stronger overall, full of youth and desire - some of the most sought-after english talent being added along with fancy foreigners on the side.

I assume Lukaku is gone - Of course he was goals on toast, but only if we played to HIS strengths. I think Sandro and perhaps another decent striker is enough because the team will be scoring in more ways than "lay-it-on-a-plate-for-Romelu".

Taking even the most pessimistic view - this is a NEW Everton that gets it **** done by the START OF THE TRANSFER WINDOW instead of scraping up a couple of naysmiths and a Niasse at the eleventh hour :)

Don't disagree but think that those expecting an immediate return may (and I say may) be disappointed. Lukaku is a flat track bully but gets us points against teams below top 6. I just think that there will be a need for the players to settle down but I do think that we will be better against the top 6 and better overall - whether that will mean that we are higher than 7th next season I'm not sure.

if this is the level of our signings can not wait until we get our last day loan deal done, Neymar and his dad brassing it down Kenny.

just need one or two pacey wingers with a good cross and a striker who can go some way at least to replacing lukalu's goal threat. Depends what his plans are with the Spanish kid

Status
Not open for further replies.