What should the most used XI be for the rest of the Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you'd bin Kenny off as soon as Seamus is fit ?
That seems a bit unfair mate.

I would. When Coleman is properly fit, I mean, and if he’s back at his former level (if). Kenny has impressed me and I like him a lot, but Coleman is simply a better player at the moment (not at this very moment, but you know what I mean).

If Baines isn’t fit and there’s no new signing I’d prefer to see Kenny at left back than Martina. So he’d still get in the side, albeit out of position.

Holgate’s been good in a higher percentage of his games than any of our other centre backs so far this season and can only get better, so unless we sign someone else he has to play in my opinion. I’m not sure if that’s to do with form or because he’s just better now, but either way it makes no difference to me.

I didn’t mention Davies, by the way.
I only mentioned Davies as last season he would have been and automatic first choice the form he was in, but this season he has struggled. I hope your right and Holgate just goes from strength to strength and doesn't go out of form enough to lose his place, the other 3 you mentioned are seasoned pros but for me Holgate just hasn't gone long enough for me yet to see him as a gurenteed first choice, but every game he get picked it becomes his position to lose.

Coleman should get game time but with not a whole lot to play for I'd like to see Kenny still playing a good bit. Vlasic off the bench and some starts but I don't think he quite has the complete game yet. Lookman doesn't either fwiw but looks closer. It could go either way.

I think that's football, I just think Colemans experience and attacking position will make him first choice. That's not my choice I just think that's what sam will do, I may be wrong.

We need a few wins first lads to guarantee Premier League footie next season.

We're also still in with an outside chance of getting seventh place, which could get us back into Europe, and that would give the manager a few games to try youngsters next season, so, while it's fun to chuck ideas around of what we'd like to see our first eleven as, the practicalities of the situation will mean you ain't likely to see what you want.

No harm in speculating though.

This is my overall feeling. Youngsters need time and players with potential but not playing well or injured like McCarthy, Keane, Bolasie need to prove themselves
In an ideal world we already have the players to fill most positions if they can prove themselves, I'd like to see a CB pairing of Holgate and Keane (but Keane has some work to do, he hasn't been great) McCarthy who I thought would leave could well be very useful for us, I forgot that he actually is quite good, also Bolasie has done ok but they both need more time. I still like Davies as a footballer so I hope he comes good again, also when I've seen Baningame he's looked very useful. Coleman & Kenny RB, Tosun up front, sigs,Gueye, Rooney we are quite sorted really. It's just the gaps that need fixing, I mean fixing no make do players, we need quality.

We need a few wins first lads to guarantee Premier League footie next season.

We're also still in with an outside chance of getting seventh place, which could get us back into Europe, and that would give the manager a few games to try youngsters next season, so, while it's fun to chuck ideas around of what we'd like to see our first eleven as, the practicalities of the situation will mean you ain't likely to see what you want.

No harm in speculating though.
I don't want to go completely Zat here, but we have shown an inability to buy fully developed players of the quality we need, so maybe we should spend some time working on developing the younger guys. Especially if we can get to relative safety around March

Pickford

Kenny Keane Holgate Baines

Gana Mcarthy
Rooney
Lookman Cenk Vlasic

Subs
Bolasie (alternates Lookman or Vlasic as he gets fitter)
Coleman (as above)
Gylfi (alternates with Rooney as appropriate)
DCL
Jags
Schneiderlin
Robles

Bye bye
Mirallas
Besic (love him but sorry)
Niasse (as above)

Pickford
Kenny Keane Holgate Baines
Gueye
Vlasic Sigurdsson Lookman
DCL Tosun

Go with the young players now, the likes of Jagielka, Williams, Baines (had to put him in), Martina, etc need binning in the summer.

I would. When Coleman is properly fit, I mean, and if he’s back at his former level (if). Kenny has impressed me and I like him a lot, but Coleman is simply a better player at the moment (not at this very moment, but you know what I mean).

If Baines isn’t fit and there’s no new signing I’d prefer to see Kenny at left back than Martina. So he’d still get in the side, albeit out of position.
Personally, I thought Coleman hasn’t had a good season since 13/14 under Martinez. He’s heading towards 30 himself now, I’d rather keep Kenny in and see him develop, than have him stuck on the bench for the next 2/3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.