What should the most used XI be for the rest of the Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigIguana

Player Valuation: £90m
With Ross gone, Cenk in, hopefully a left back on the way, the chance to win a trophy gone and anything above mid table survival looking unlikely and relegation looking (probably) not a possibility, who should we be playing the rest of the season?

For me it would be good to give more appearances for Lookman and Vlasic, start to make Holgate first choice and continue to play Kenny even when Seamus is fit. Wouldn't mind seeing more of Beningame and if McCarthy can stay fit maybe he could show us something in a run of games.

I'd go Pickford, Kenny, Hopefully a new LB, Holgate, Keane, Gana, McCarthy, Gylfi or Rooney, Lookman, Bolasie, Cenk

Pickford, obviously, Holgate, Sigurdsson, Rooney and Gueye.

The rest I’m not too arsed about as they’re kids, or simply all as bad as each other.

With Ross gone, Cenk in, hopefully a left back on the way, the chance to win a trophy gone and anything above mid table survival looking unlikely and relegation looking (probably) not a possibility, who should we be playing the rest of the season?

For me it would be good to give more appearances for Lookman and Vlasic, start to make Holgate first choice and continue to play Kenny even when Seamus is fit. Wouldn't mind seeing more of Beningame and if McCarthy can stay fit maybe he could show us something in a run of games.

I'd go Pickford, Kenny, Hopefully a new LB, Holgate, Keane, Gana, McCarthy, Gylfi or Rooney, Lookman, Bolasie, Cenk

Keane should be nowhere near the team at the moment, McCarthy will inevitably break.

No one has seen Cenk play yet, so how do you know whether he's a dud or not ?.

I appreciate it's hypothetical, but .......

This season now has evolved into a transitional season, so it's time after January business of ins and outs are done. Sam uses the whole squad to judge what he has and if they are good enough, so hopefully that's done and the youngsters are used and we can start to build a core team for next season.

What about Vlasic and Coleman ?

Pickford, obviously, Holgate, Sigurdsson, Rooney and Gueye.

The rest I’m not too arsed about as they’re kids, or simply all as bad as each other.
You've only got Holgate there at the moment because he's in form, last season Davies was excellent this season not, so I don't think he deserves to be in there yet. But your correct with the other 3 they are the core players, which is a bit worrying as there's not an experienced defender in there.

This season now has evolved into a transitional season, so it's time after January business of ins and outs are done. Sam uses the whole squad to judge what he has and if they are good enough, so hopefully that's done and the youngsters are used and we can start to build a core team for next season.

Lookman
Vlasic
Klaassen
Beni

I’d like to see more of

Tonight was not the result desired but was good to see the effort and desire of a team not just a few.

We still need to dump schniderlin

Coleman is first choice RB so that's he's spot to lose (that depending he comes back ok) Vlasic is still only a squad player for me, but he has something about him and may well be a fine player for us.

So you'd bin Kenny off as soon as Seamus is fit ?
That seems a bit unfair mate.

Lookman
Vlasic
Klaassen
Beni

I’d like to see more of

Tonight was not the result desired but was good to see the effort and desire of a team not just a few.

We still need to dump schniderlin
From what I've seen 3 of then are great prospects, Klassen I'm not really sure what's going on with him, I just have a feeling he won't addapt to this league hope I'm wrong though.

What ever line up is treading water til the end of the season. The season is now over. Summer transfers, if any, will be of the greatest importance

What about Vlasic and Coleman ?
Coleman should get game time but with not a whole lot to play for I'd like to see Kenny still playing a good bit. Vlasic off the bench and some starts but I don't think he quite has the complete game yet. Lookman doesn't either fwiw but looks closer. It could go either way.

You've only got Holgate there at the moment because he's in form, last season Davies was excellent this season not, so I don't think he deserves to be in there yet. But your correct with the other 3 they are the core players, which is a bit worrying as there's not an experienced defender in there.

Holgate’s been good in a higher percentage of his games than any of our other centre backs so far this season and can only get better, so unless we sign someone else he has to play in my opinion. I’m not sure if that’s to do with form or because he’s just better now, but either way it makes no difference to me.

I didn’t mention Davies, by the way.

This is my overall feeling. Youngsters need time and players with potential but not playing well or injured like McCarthy, Keane, Bolasie need to prove themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.