GrandOldTeam TV What should Everton do about Jordan Pickford and is he a long term solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always wary of signing keepers from lower league teams (I know, Sheffield Utd aren't lower league) based on how good they look facing 15 shots a game. It's what made Pickford look so good. Is Henderson in a similar boat or has he shown more to his game than that?

I still think Pickford has a future with us, but he needs a lot of a coaching and legitimate therapy to fix his weirdness.

Can't stand the bloke. Pumped up on his own ego. Tries too hard to show-boat an easy save. Cash-in while we can and buy a more reliable no-frills goalie.

Him and/or his missus don't like it here and are agitating for a move. Supposedly wanted to join Lyon before Ancelotti came in and pulled the plug. Also Chelsea meant to be looking at him too. Could all be BS but seems to tie in with him looking a shadow of the player he was last season.
Kinell, better sack his missus off then if it’s her

He's a gum chewing queg who thinks he's the balls. The kip of him at the darts the other week. He's gaaaaaaahbage

As everyone knows, when goalies lose their self belief/confidence it can be a long way back. The club has to be ruthless should he become regularly unreliable, but as others have said it will cost a fortune to attract a top one. If one became available, even an old timer with huge experience then a decision has to be made. Not yet top priority though.

It's really an interesting situation with him isn't it? I can empathize with a number of different opinions on him. While I think he could still progress and grow into a class player, I also wouldn't be terribly bothered if we sold him for a decent price. It's just hard to get a sense for how much that position, and our defense as a unit, would be improved with a different goalkeeper.

A couple of people keep making Joe Hart comparisons across the channels we have shared this video but I think that’s just an obvious thing to do given how Pickford is quite erratic and in the England set-up. I don’t think the comparisons go much further than that, do they?

As I said in the video, I’m still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because he does have a lot going for him and I believe he can possibly eradicate some of his issues. He’s still quite young, too.

I don’t really don’t get the “we can’t get a better keeper” line now. Few of us thought we couldn’t get Carlo. We need to stop thinking like this.

Think he would look better if our midfield players didn't keep giving the ball away and the 6 defenders around the bouncing ball in the box would get to it faster than the opposition striker.

A couple of people keep making Joe Hart comparisons across the channels we have shared this video but I think that’s just an obvious thing to do given how Pickford is quite erratic and in the England set-up. I don’t think the comparisons go much further than that, do they?

As I said in the video, I’m still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because he does have a lot going for him and I believe he can possibly eradicate some of his issues. He’s still quite young, too.

I don’t really don’t get the “we can’t get a better keeper” line now. Few of us thought we couldn’t get Carlo. We need to stop thinking like this.

It’s also the irritating grins after mistakes and apparent arrogance, and the misplaced hype in the media

Baaaaby Hart do doo de do de doo
baby hart!

Status
Not open for further replies.