GrandOldTeam TV What should Everton do about Jordan Pickford and is he a long term solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted Adrian in the summer rather than Lossl. We need another gk who will genuinely compete for a starting place. At the mo JP has got free reign as he knows we can’t afford to drop him. I think we almost need a Nigel Martyn type who can give us 2 good years by which point JP has matured into a better gk

It wouldn’t have mattered if we’d signed Adrian because he still wouldn’t get a game. At Everton we don’t drop underperforming goalkeepers.

He looks the same as he has always been since he came here, not a shadow of the player he was last season.
Mate sorry but Lucas Digne is in no way the same player as last season. I realise this is the Pickford thread so this is why I was talking about Digne:

I'd look to upgrade on Pickford. But only after we sort out a new right back, a new left back if Digne rumours are true, a centre half, a right winger, a left winger and at least one centre mid depending on how Gomes and Gbamin come back.

He might not be perfect but replacing him is nowhere near a priority for me.
What are the “Digne rumours“?
Him and/or his missus don't like it here and are agitating for a move. Supposedly wanted to join Lyon before Ancelotti came in and pulled the plug. Also Chelsea meant to be looking at him too. Could all be BS but seems to tie in with him looking a shadow of the player he was last season.

Dean Henderson of Man Utd and on loan at Sheffield United for the past two seasons would be my ideal GK and is home-grown at 22 y/o too. Because Pickford is the England No. 1 we could still receive good offers from European clubs if we put him up for sale and make a profit but the real time to do it was after the World Cup when Chelsea and others were linked at figures like £80m.

Both of whom have a cracking defence in front of them, Pickford would be classed as one of the best if he played for Liverpool facing 1 shot every game, our defense is terrible it's hard for a keeper to look good when the defenders are walking around fiddling with themselves.
Yeah because their predecessors were ace weren't they? Pickford is one the worst keepers in the Prem for me. He's also extremely unlikable.

Listening to Neville on a podcast tonight.
‘You may make 3 major mistakes a season with 1 causing a goal - the oddseason you concede all 3 and some seasons none from those mistakes.’
Probably slightly exaggerated but Pickford makes dozens of mistakes per season.
He is 6 levels below Southall, 3 level levels below Martyn and worse than the absolute bang average Howard.

If Brands actually spends any time looking at player and liasing with scouts a reliable keeper with some leadership qualities should be found for 20/30 mill.
We will hopefully burgle some degenerative club for 20 mill for short arms to pay for most of it,

Status
Not open for further replies.