GrandOldTeam TV What should Everton do about Jordan Pickford and is he a long term solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be glad to see the back of him to be honest, I think any semi-competent Keeper offers as much as he does so it wouldn't be a huge loss.

If I have to watch another 90 minutes of him booting the ball into touch instead of rolling it out to one of our players or just clearing it properly I think I might rip my own eyeballs out. Not to mention he comes across as a massive bellend as well.

We can't sell him because:
a. nobody will pay enough based on us paying 30m in the first place and not wanting to make a loss
b. no better team than us will want him, and smaller teams who may want him wouldn't be able to match his wage

Ergo, even if we want to sell, he won't be going anywhere.

Story of our last 5 years!

39624C39-4189-4D05-8368-0EE0A6833A01.jpeg

He's too show boaty over the top for me, Everything has to be Hollywood to him or something that will put him in the limelight and it's costing us because he's trying to be too clever, I don't think being England #1 helps either because he probably thinks he's better than he is, 100% needs taking a peg down or too.

I know he has his own performance thread, but some interesting points here (and comments beneath).

For me, he's not the pressing concern at all, priorities are elsewhere but I also think he wouldn't be a massive loss to the side and could be pretty easily replaced.

I would always start with making sure we have a top keeper, he is just as important as any other outfield player.Its all about the spine of your side.

Status
Not open for further replies.