What players do we hate for odd reasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate is too strong a word but I intensely dislike Raheem Sterling and Rio Ferdinand. Although I don't mind Ferdinand as a pundit now.

Ferdinand was one of the most overrated players of his generation, he really thought he was Bobby Moore. I loved it when Dunc used to sort him out whenever we played against him, he really did hate playing him.

Jim Pearson because he wasn't fit to lace Duncan McKenzie's boots but Gordon Lee kept picking him. Nice bloke by all accounts, but still...

That Newcastle team of the early 2000s, wasn’t half annoying.

Craig Bellamy leading the snide brigade, Shearer with the elbows, Dabizas being a donkey but never ever getting punished for it.

Snides I’ve also disliked were Shane Long, basically the entire Bournemouth side with their anti football stance, similar to Burnley. Get a lead and then cheat for 89 mins.

Would include Annti Niemi who was in goal for Southampton when Radzinski scores two in the last 10 mins for his 80 mins of time wasting, but we know what happened.

Andy Cole, Kanu, Camera, Okocha, Adebayor, Essien, Kolo Toure, Drogba.

That’s my list of players I hate well not hate but dislike. for completely shallow reasons nothing personal very superficial.

Oh and Wayne Bridge.

In the early 70s, the entire Leeds United team. They would come on the pitch with stupid tassles on their socks, they'd then go to the centre circle and wave to the support (ours), each player then kicked a ball into the crowd, and then they would proceed to kick us all over the park. We sang a song that showed how much we f...ing hated Leeds. Loudest I ever heard our crowd.

Glad I got that off my chest...

Robert Pires . I just can't see what he did apart from ping a few passes and win penalties by being a cheat .
Also Alan Smith from Arsenal . Just proves that some players don't need skill just a good team around them and some jammy luck .
Didn’t he score one of the goals when Arsenal beat Liverpool 2-0 to pinch the league at Anfield when Liverpool were odds on to win and clinch the league themselves? If he did that would mark him down for sainthood not hatred!!

Like many have said already, hatred is too strong a word, but disliked Bill Shankly an egocentric who loved himself and the sound of his own voice, a very good manager but just loved himself too much for me.

That Newcastle team of the early 2000s, wasn’t half annoying.

Craig Bellamy leading the snide brigade, Shearer with the elbows, Dabizas being a donkey but never ever getting punished for it.

Snides I’ve also disliked were Shane Long, basically the entire Bournemouth side with their anti football stance, similar to Burnley. Get a lead and then cheat for 89 mins.

Would include Annti Niemi who was in goal for Southampton when Radzinski scores two in the last 10 mins for his 80 mins of time wasting, but we know what happened.

When we moved to Cumbria the whole school were either United or Newcastle fans. I absolutely hate Newcastle united just from that period of plastic loudmouth yokels telling me how great they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.