What is the solution to this mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having a go at you mate but everything that's wrong about this club is captured in your non ambitious words and sentiment.

We really do need the next generation of blue fans to come through and show the board, players and the current generation of fans the mediocre is not our name.
Yes because a whole host of world class managers are lining up to take the Everton job. Ideal world and all that mate. Appreciate what you're saying but we have to work our way to the top before we get such appointments. Only way to do that is through young hungry managers and smart player recruitment. Sacking Silva now won't see him replaced with a top manager so what's the point?We'll end up with someone like Wagner or Eddie effin Howe lol

Agree in the main but not this really. That stadium move is massive for us.

What is crucial is having the right people on the board sorting the right things out.

This is why I keep banging on about Brands. He should be the mouthpiece on all things football - it's his remit. It should be his decision. End of.

DBB oversees it all, and Moshiri can come out of the woodwork every now and then - just not in anything to do with a football capacity as frankly he's clueless.

Then you have others on the board in charge of the stadium.

And that is exactly how the club should be run.

I wonder do other top directors of football make themselves heard in the media during trying times at their respective clubs. Dont particularly expect him to be talking right now but I wonder what's the norm

I wonder do other top directors of football make themselves heard in the media during trying times at their respective clubs. Dont particularly expect him to be talking right now but I wonder what's the norm

I don't really mean just in the trying times - I mean in general. Because Moshiri has proved absolutely clueless, really, I'd rather have Brands do the talking. I think as a fanbase we need some unity and some idea of leadership.

I don't really know on your DoF question though. Van der Saar is prominent with Ajax, but I think he's actually CEO.

I just think since we made a pretty big deal of putting Brands on the board, he should be more prominent.

Some of these games we've lost because we don't have a decent finisher.
Seriously missed that since Lakaku left, criminal that we haven't replaced him.
You score that first goal and confidence builds, you concede first and confidence spirals downwards.

Pretty sure we've won/drawn every game we scored first in as well, this season.

And I can't think - off the top of my head - that we've won any when we've conceded first.

But we are being dragged into it, which has to be a concern
If that gap closes to 5/6 pts, my confidence in this shower will become morefragile
I agree it will take a lot of bad fortune on our half

That path is well known to Silva, look at hisr ecord withe other clubs.

These players are nowhere near good enough for top 6.

And no, Sam couldn't have got us top 6 with this lot.

For one, half of the team wouldn't be here as they'd never have come to play under Sam (Digne, Gomes, Mina, Richarlison, Bernard for definite) and two, Sam's crap. People seem to forget we won 2 in 12 under him as well last season.
These players are good enough. They are mismanaged. This clown is worse than Big Sam. If you can’t see that then you haven’t been watching us for long this season.

Yes because a whole host of world class managers are lining up to take the Everton job. Ideal world and all that mate. Appreciate what you're saying but we have to work our way to the top before we get such appointments. Only way to do that is through young hungry managers and smart player recruitment. Sacking Silva now won't see him replaced with a top manager so what's the point?We'll end up with someone like Wagner or Eddie effin Howe lol

We have never offered the job to the best managers and the fans are to dim witted to see it so toe the party line.

I wish I could get rid of most of the fan base never mind the players and manager for going along with BS from the top of the club

These players are good enough. They are mismanaged. This clown is worse than Big Sam. If you can’t see that then you haven’t been watching us for long this season.

No, they aren't.

What have any of these players shown to suggest that they are close to being good enough for top 6 on a consistent basis.

We had a good run earlier in the season and got to sixth. But nobody - even if our form hadn't dropped off a cliff - would have expected us to finish there.

Not one of our players would get in any of the sides from 1-6, bar maybe Digne, who'd probably get in at United and Arsenal.

I've watched every game, bar one. I'd suggest that you're the one who hasn't been watching this side if you think these players are good enough for top six, mate.

This isn't a defence of Silva. It's just nonsense to suggest that these players are top-six quality. Heck, more than half of them wouldn't get in the Wolves side, and we'd be lucky to get 6 in Watford's side.

Crawl to the end of the season in May - then sack the manager. Give Brands full and total control over who's next through the door. Moshiri can still delegate, but he and Kenwright shouldn't be allowed to suggest a single name..

Status
Not open for further replies.