What is the solution to this mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main solution is to buy players at a small price who go on to cost more than we paid for them. This has not happened with any of our big signings since Moshiri came along and it is why we are in the situation we face.

For starters we've been shopping in the wrong market. We have paid top level fees for mid level talent and then wondered why our spending hasn't improved what we see on the pitch. We should be reinventing ourselves as an exciting place to play for any potential top young player looking to make the step up in one of Europe's best leagues.

Instead we've fallen in to the trap that many clubs have in the past and paid over inflated fee's for domestic based players despite supposedly having access to a rich European scouting network. Honestly how much thought was put in to the purchases of Keane (excelled in an ultra defensive low block Burnley side), Tosun (excelled in a league where the top players go to finish their careers), Sigurdsson (excelled playing off a target man), Bolasie (excelled erm….. at doing mad tricks for a side who often linger around the bottom end of the table).

I guess the point us until we get a manager who can unite us, have a clear identity and actually scout our targets properly expect nothing to change. Brands has a big job on his hands.

The main solution is to buy players at a small price who go on to cost more than we paid for them. This has not happened with any of our big signings since Moshiri came along and it is why we are in the situation we face.

What a solution. Give this man the Chairmanship.

It's easy how we solve this:

• The owner continues to acknowledge he's the root cause of this mess and keeps his beak out of the football side of the club
  • The DoF comes out front and centre and puts down any nascent rebellion on the terraces regarding another quick managerial change
  • The manager gets backed in the summer with cash to buy key players up front and out wide and another GK
If collective discipline prevails like that then we're going to be a lot more formidable next season. I cant stress enough how pivotal this juncture is: if the hierarchy bend the knee to another fan stampede to get shut of a manager then we are spiralling out of control toward Geordie dimensions oblivion.
Typical Villa route...

i definitely think Silva should be given time, but I am curious why if his favoured formation is 4-3-3 why he hasnt used it at all? And isnt Brands responsible for the system we play etc? So Brands favours the 4-2-3-1 then?

• The owner continues to acknowledge he's the root cause of this mess and keeps his beak out of the football side of the club
  • The DoF comes out front and centre and puts down any nascent rebellion on the terraces regarding another quick managerial change
  • The manager gets backed in the summer with cash to buy key players up front and out wide and another GK
If collective discipline prevails like that then we're going to be a lot more formidable next season. I cant stress enough how pivotal this juncture is: if the hierarchy bend the knee to another fan stampede to get shut of a manager then we are spiralling out of control toward Geordie dimensions oblivion.
100% agree over the chairman’s involvement
The rest I am unsure of, as simply we seem to be sleep walking into a relagation scrap in the Mike Walker type proportions
I am not advocating sacking managers for not getting us success, but you have to consider parting company when everything around you appears to be falling to pieces
Sadly I don’t think he is up to the role, and in that I think tactically and mentally

It's pretty flipping simple... Get Rid

This Board.. That faffs about over appointments (that's you Kenwright), that falls in love (lovey?) with smooth talking Bulls.. ers like Bobby, Koeman, Fat Sam and now this 'Not My Fault Squire' bloke (yes it is, just as it was last winter at Watford)..

And now AGAIN hasn't got the balls to get rid

Dress it up anyway you like.. Every game is embarrassing. I wasn't convinced even when it was half ok (October)..

So wake up and accept it. It may not be all his mess, may not be all management but.. Bring someone's in who knows what to do before we sleepwalk into the Championship.

With Brands here, to be honest I had no idea who he was when he joined, I don’t follow footy outside our league much . From what I’ve read, seen so far, heard, I’m not feeling the almost messiah like attitude to him I’m seeing at the moment from some Blues. Not saying he’s another Steve Walsh but he’s hardly been here!

This. Why do some have almost blind faith in a guy, that hasn't really achieved anything? I seriously don't get how every aspect of this club is being scrutinized - The Board, the Manager, the coaching staff and the players - but somehow Brands is absolved of all blame. Why is he cast in the "one guy who knows what to do" role?

Dave you said if Silva got midtable like 11th next season you will be happy.

.......they say that after change things often get worst before they get better. It’s pointless changing manager now and I can’t even see it happening in the Summer. The concern is Silva should have the team organised, fired up and ready for games but we look tactically naive.

I’m generally encouraged by the new players and it will take time to make this squad better balanced and efficient.

That certainly helps but the rise of both those teams has also coincided with them getting their houses in order off the pitch. Similarly, the collapse of United on the pitch has also been mirrored by relative chaos off it.

Probably a question for the resident lurkers as to whether onfield performance is the chicken or the egg.

For me the on-pitch troubles are secondary. I'd personally start rectifying things by correcting the shambles that was the management team restructure (aka the management team seat swap) that took place last year. Our executive team look, and are, inadequate compared to those we want to be competing against. Fix that and a lot of the other stuff should start looking after itself.
.As soon as Man Utd appointed a manager who understood how they should play, they've improved immeasurably. Literally nothing else has changed except the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.