What is improvement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you expect us to finish this season?

And what constitutes an improvement from the dark days under Moyes and Martinez?

For me it's not about the league finish, it means nothing. We won't finish in the top 4 and the Europa League is a hinderance.

It's ALL about the FA Cup. We need to win it so we can build on that and move forward.

If the Europa League is such a hindrance then why would we want to win a cup that qualifies us for it?

I think we should just get to the Semi and show them all that we could do it, then not bother turning up so that we aren't in Europe. That'll show them Derek.

The title-story on Man City in the last issue of FourFourTwo magazine was quite interesting regarding progress. They built this huge complex with training grounds for academy and pros alike.4-5 fields. A half pitch especially for goalkeeper training. There is a specific concept being installed there to path the way for the future of the club. Obviously Pep alongside other academy directors aiming for an Ajax in the 70s and 80s thing. That was frightening to read as an Everton fan and how far we are behind already. The blue Mancs are aiming for world domination in 10-15 years while we worry about signing Schneiderlin for our midfield.

And what constitutes an improvement from the dark days under Moyes and Martinez?

For me it's not about the league finish, it means nothing. We won't finish in the top 4 and the Europa League is a hinderance.

It's ALL about the FA Cup. We need to win it so we can build on that and move forward.

1. Expect to finish top half
2. Moyes era wa the closest to positive times we have had since we got removed from Europe (with one cup exception), under Moyes 4th or a cup was the only place to go, since Martinez top half would be improvement.
3. League finish is very important, prize funds, confidence, buying players all stem from it and the Europa league being a hindrance is just wet. We finished 5th under Moyes, next season we got 5th again and into a cup final despite playing European games.
Europe is used as an excuse, but ultimately there is no reason to struggle when playing foreign and domestic games.

4. FA Cup would be ace but I don't think its a sign of progress, you can't really build off an FA cup and chances are its a one off like most of the winners outside of the top 4. You need to build off of your league squad and extend that into cup competitions domestic or abroad, rather than the other way around imo. A better team and a decent squad will likely do better in the cups but I will always put league ahead of cups when it comes to team selection.

Win the Fa Cup , we can't even win a game . :bye:

First and I will fume if we don't like our red neighbours despite never realistically having a chance of being crowned champions.

Dark days under Moyes? We hit a glass ceiling but dark days? Really? Oh and it was boss in Martinez first season but I concede that the subsequent two were meh.

See answer one you utter spunkbubble.

Any club that doesn't want to finish as high as possible is a disgrace in my opinion. Most fans love to go to Europe and have had better memories of that than going to places like Hull or Burnley. There's no point hoping you miss Europa just incase you manage to have a good season the next season, without it. What if you think it's a blessing to miss the Europa league then finish mid table the next few.

If the Europa League is such a hindrance then why would we want to win a cup that qualifies us for it?

I think we should just get to the Semi and show them all that we could do it, then not bother turning up so that we aren't in Europe. That'll show them Derek.
I bet you don't even believe in Father Christmas :-(

What difference does it really make? Chelsea finished lower midtable last season.

We need a strategy, and we need to throw lots of cash at proper players.

We have more cash than the likes of West Brom yet you wouldn't think it when you look at our transfer targets.

Players want to win trophies and earn lots of money. Let's try and provide both.

It does. The significant difference in prize money and a Europa League spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.